• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friendly invite

Brimstone Baritone

If any of you live close to the line, or are planning to come down this way soon, we have a vibrant OC group that meets regularly in the Huntsville area, and also smaller (but just as friendly) groups in Birmingham, and close to Montgomery.

We would love to have Tennessee visitors at any of out meetups. The most up-to-date info can be found at AlabamaOpenCarry.org, but we also check the Alabama forum here, too.

Thanks in advance,
-Kyle

Brimstone Baritone

Umm... Yeah. That's the point. =P

But seriously, the guys in Huntsville are doing an amazing job getting the word out and getting good exposure for the group. They OC regularly at a few different restaurants around town, have had booths at gun shows, including one at the North Alabama Regulators annual 'Ambush at Cavern Cove'.

They also OC in their regular, daily lives and hold the group record for the fewest LEO encounters (currently 0). One member, Ranger, even had the balls to approach an HPD SWAT unit that was eating at a Logan's to ask what they thought about OC and give them one of our law handouts. :D

So please, take the time to come down and meet these guys.You won't be disappointed.

Kingfish

Things must have really changed since I was in that area (3 years.) Last I heard local LEO were very anti OC. Glad things are looking up.

I will be back to my old stomping grounds(extreme Southern TN) in November and will be taking at least one excursion to Huntsville and may OC while I am there.

AL Ranger

Anytime you want to meet with us, please feel free to contact me at Alabama Open Carry.com. Our members group sort of outgrew the local Starbucks. We realized that when we had 6-7 guys trying to sit around one of their small tables. The group continues to grow and meet as members are making themselves known and as we spread the word about OC. Currrently, we have two locations where we are encouraged by the owners to OC as we meet. The primary is the Atlanta Bread Co. which is located in the Super Target shopping center on University Drive. The second is Posey's Restaurant in Hazel Green. Both are OC friendly and great places to meet and eat. Our regular meeting time is currently on Saturday morning at 10:30. If you can make it, you are welcomed to attend. For further info, go to the alabamaopencarry.com site and look up the North Alabama group in our Meetups and Events forum.

kwikrnu

Banned
I would go, but I have too many lawsuits pending. it is also too far to travel for court if I were to be arrested for legal open carry.