• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

+4 For Gun Owners in Washington!!!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
However if one is involved in an illegal activity the right to use Self Defense might come into question.

This somewhat like two competing bank robbers showing up at the same time. One shoots the other. Can he then claim Self Defense?

Hopefully this thread won't deteriorate into a "Pot should be legal" fur-ball.

Being a willing participant in fight with another, with nothing else weighing in would likely remove the issue of self defense.

The issue of being involved in an illegal activity and someone coming to commit a crime upon you would have two actions of cause I believe, one being the criminal activity one was involved in and the other being Self Defense.
Even though these are two different actions it could be said that one brought the other to bear and if faced with a jury of your peers, well I would not want to be in that seat, would you?

I would neither glamorize the home owners actions.

maclean

Keep in perspective the nature of this crime and recall the line out of "No Country For Old Men" in which Tommy Lee Jones said drug dealers died of natural causes.

"Natural for the line of work they were in."

Cormac is a genius.

SaintJacque

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
No matter how some want to slice this and try to justify the large marijuana grow, it is engaging into an illegal activity and resulting in a home invasion, no sympathy here. Victimless Crime, Yeah Right.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Armed-robbery-shooting-on-Key-Peninsula-104545639.html

It is a victimless crime, home invasion and robbery is not.

Victimless LOL, what do you think brought them loaded for bear to this residences?

amlevin

Wow my Co worker lives a few streets from where this happend and knew the homeowner, his guns were legal. But the reason the 5 robbers were heavily armed and in cammo is Because they are part of a Very scary organization that I am afraid to even mention. The guys had ak's and m16s and is saying there was atleast 150 rounds exchanged, basically he ripped off thw wrong people' and knew they would be coming for him

Really?

From King TV's report:

"Troyer says handguns and shotguns were used and there are 50 to 100 rounds of spent ammunition at the scene."

Why would you be afraid to name this "Very scary organization"? Aren't you posting anonymously?????? Or does your Birth Certificate say Mik253?

I'm not sure what others here feel about your account but it sure sounds like the prelude to another urban legend.

oneeyeross

Well, what you "heard" might not be anything other than rumor.

As for hearing machine guns, that isn't possible. Select fire weapons are illegal in Washington state, and we all know that criminals follow gun laws...

maclean

I'm sort of curious about the "group that shall not be named."

I can think of several, but none of them are huge into Oxy.

amlevin

I'm sort of curious about the "group that shall not be named."

I can think of several, but none of them are huge into Oxy.

That plus I have been looking for any reports of a "Rip Off" in Edmonds earlier in the day. So far nada.

“Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”
-----------Ben Franklin----

Last edited:

3/325

A bunch of criminals got shot up, and the moral burden for shooting another human being has to be carried by yet another criminal. Meanwhile, no innocent bystanders or neighbors were hit.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Tawnos

Would this have occurred if cannabis were legal?

Answer that, and maybe you can determine who turns what would be a victimless act into a crime with a victim (reader's study guide: the answer is "the government").

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
+ 1

Illegal pot operation and B&E .. .. .. two different crimes !!!!!

Agreed, the reason for the attack was the Marijuana plain and simple one crime leading to another taking life and putting those in the hospital that we will have to pay for.

Tawnos said:
Would this have occurred if cannabis were legal?
IT IS ILLEGAL, HELLO! :lol: Pick and choose those law that you will nor will not abide by, what a citizen.
Join the groups wanting to legalize it in a legal manner, til then oh well.

Last edited:

.45ACPaddy

But the question remains... would it have happened if cannibis were legal? Will stuff like this continue to happen if cannibis is ever legalized?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
But the question remains... would it have happened if cannibis were legal? Will stuff like this continue to happen if cannibis is ever legalized?

Like asking if it would have taken me one minute longer to leave the house, the accident I was in, would it have happened? :eek:

Or if I was just 5 minutes earlier for Oprah, would I have had a brand new car now! :lol:

If cannabis held the death penalty would it be as available as it is today? :cuss:

At least if you are going to support something take the time to spell it correctly, it makes you look less then intelligent! :dude: [cannabis]