Thread: Challenge to gun ban on postal service property

Challenge to gun ban on postal service property

Yay! This means none of us have to be the test case.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

If you remove a key brick or two, the entire wall can fall. This is another attempt to remove one of the key bricks and with Heller and McDonald behind us this may well be successful. Here's hoping.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

No if only they could expand it to include FEDERAL property...not just USPS property I would be even more happy....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Yeah but VA property wouldnt be....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Moderator / Administrator
    Excellent - next step is to congressionalize this sort of attack on agency regulations such that all regulations which are stricter than 18 USC 930 are voided.

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    I am SO glad I don't work there anymore - the drive to Seattle from Oly was killing me... Although, on the grounds at American Lake, the cougar could be a problem on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    Although, on the grounds at American Lake, the cougar could be a problem on the golf course.
    I'd recommend a sand wedge and open your stance a little. Be sure to follow through on your swing.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I'm not sure if they still have that issue, but, at one time, there was a jogging course around the perimeter of the golf course. Some of the joggers reported seeing cougar on multiple occasions. The cougar followed the deer, which loved to come out on the course and browse. The greens keepers kept the grass nice and lush, guess it made it extra tasty as well? This was back in the mid 90's, before I transferred to Seattle...

I lived in Colorado for a while before I retired. In my job I was blessed with "free golf" on average once each week from about March through October. Vendors would suggest we have an "off site meeting" and we'd retire to one of the 15 golf courses within a short drive of my office. One of the most beautiful courses was Arrowhead.

http://www.arrowheadcolorado.com/lay...=188&page=3514

(check out the picture on the opening page of their site)

We would regularly encounter deer that "played through", an occasional bear, and even rattlesnakes. When we played there I started carrying my Mossberg 500 ATP-8 in my golf bag with a ski cap over the butt.

Sorry for the OT, now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Too bad military bases would still be under the control of the CO.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    devildoc5, not by the base commander but the commander of the VA would, so how would that differ as they restrict it as well?
    Last edited by BigDave; 10-09-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Too bad military bases would still be under the control of the CO.
    Unless legislation said otherwise, such as preempting a Federal firearm statute.