Thread: Gov't use only Magazine legal?

Gov't use only Magazine legal?

I bought a used Beretta 92 Centurion that had a Mag with "Restricted Law Enforcement/ Government Use Only" on it. If i was stopped for OC or if a LEO sees that on my mag, would i be violating laws in using it?

No. That just means it was a magazine made during the AWB with more than ten rounds.

That was stamped when the Brady Bill (10 round max capacity) was in effect. My SIG was shipped with 2 of those magazines. They are legal now.

wow thats pretty informative! thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by brimst0ne13 View Post
    I bought a used Beretta 92 Centurion that had a Mag with "Restricted Law Enforcement/ Government Use Only" on it. If i was stopped for OC or if a LEO sees that on my mag, would i be violating laws in using it?
    There are no federal magazine limits anymore, but there still are some state limitations- (NJ, MA, and some other freedom hating armpits).
    Last edited by Thundar; 10-08-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    fág an bealach
    ACTA NON VERBA
    At OCDO there are two things that are not tolerated, open carry intolerance and long gun open carry.
    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

They are completely legal in most states, But some states have the no high capacity magazines laws still in effect. While others have a permit for higher then 10 rounds capacity. It is a hold over from the AWB and Brady bills. Just make sure to research your states laws and the ones you maybe traveling through for there applicable laws.

I can speak for New York State...those mags are as illegal as heroin and coke. Probably more so.

California has a 10 round restriction, as does NJ, Mass., maybe Hawaii, and a few others.

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLW View Post
    I can speak for New York State...those mags are as illegal as heroin and coke. Probably more so.

California has a 10 round restriction, as does NJ, Mass., maybe Hawaii, and a few others.

In Maryland, you cannot buy or sell mags with over 10 rd. capacity, but it is legal to POSSESS them. Meaning you can go out of state (to PA, WV, or VA, for instance), buy them, and bring them back and be perfectly legal.

Another "feel good law" that does NOTHING but make life difficult for law-abiding citizens...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

well unless your goin up against a hitsquad, i think 10 rnds will work for ya. lol

well unless your goin up against a hitsquad, i think 10 rnds will work for ya. lol
    adrenaline pumping...
    might be ducking...
    dodging...

i'll take an extra coupla rounds please.

you think one of those deactivated grenades would be good to carry for a distractor?

just throw it in thier general direction and open fire while they freak out. haha