• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov't use only Magazine legal?

brimst0ne13

I bought a used Beretta 92 Centurion that had a Mag with "Restricted Law Enforcement/ Government Use Only" on it. If i was stopped for OC or if a LEO sees that on my mag, would i be violating laws in using it?

Thundar

I bought a used Beretta 92 Centurion that had a Mag with "Restricted Law Enforcement/ Government Use Only" on it. If i was stopped for OC or if a LEO sees that on my mag, would i be violating laws in using it?

There are no federal magazine limits anymore, but there still are some state limitations- (NJ, MA, and some other freedom hating armpits).

Last edited:

M1911a1lvr

They are completely legal in most states, But some states have the no high capacity magazines laws still in effect. While others have a permit for higher then 10 rounds capacity. It is a hold over from the AWB and Brady bills. Just make sure to research your states laws and the ones you maybe traveling through for there applicable laws.

DragonLW

I can speak for New York State...those mags are as illegal as heroin and coke. Probably more so.

California has a 10 round restriction, as does NJ, Mass., maybe Hawaii, and a few others.

Dreamer

I can speak for New York State...those mags are as illegal as heroin and coke. Probably more so.

California has a 10 round restriction, as does NJ, Mass., maybe Hawaii, and a few others.

In Maryland, you cannot buy or sell mags with over 10 rd. capacity, but it is legal to POSSESS them. Meaning you can go out of state (to PA, WV, or VA, for instance), buy them, and bring them back and be perfectly legal.

Another "feel good law" that does NOTHING but make life difficult for law-abiding citizens...

brimst0ne13

you think one of those deactivated grenades would be good to carry for a distractor?

just throw it in thier general direction and open fire while they freak out. haha