Thread: Match my donation for some case law

Match my donation for some case law

My money is very tight right now, but I wanted to give a little to the Hamaneggs legal fund so we can get some case law going here in MI, this is something that will benefit us all. Here is the thread in case your not familiar with it.-

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...se-fund-begins.

I wondering how many of you will match my $10 donation? I know it's not much, so I'd feel a lot better if 10-20 would commit so we can get at least $100-$200.The way he was treated was not right, and I think all of us can give $10 to make sure it doesn't happen to one of us ever again. You can make a donation thru this link on gpal-

https://www.gpal.net/gp?req=payment&...00000039025101

You don't need to set up an account with them or use a bank account, just a CC number. Today is friday, lets see if we can get 10-20 to do help out by sunday night.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    My money is very tight right now, but I wanted to give a little to the Hamaneggs legal fund so we can get some case law going here in MI, this is something that will benefit us all. Here is the thread in case your not familiar with it.-

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...se-fund-begins.

I wondering how many of you will match my $10 donation? I know it's not much, so I'd feel a lot better if 10-20 would commit so we can get at least $100-$200.The way he was treated was not right, and I think all of us can give $10 to make sure it doesn't happen to one of us ever again. You can make a donation thru this link on gpal-

https://www.gpal.net/gp?req=payment&...00000039025101

You don't need to set up an account with them or use a bank account, just a CC number. Today is friday, lets see if we can get 10-20 to do help out by sunday night.
    I'll Match your $10 bucks Sir! With challenge sent out to others to do the same

GPal Logo

Thank you! Your payment to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. was sent.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 10-08-2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: ;)

Thanks Glock9mmOldStyle!

C'mon people, skip a pack or 2 of smokes, buy a 12 pack instead of a 24, skip that last beer at the bar, whatever you need to do to donate $10 to make sure no open carrier is ever treated like this again. Less than the price of some ammo to get some case law going.
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 10-08-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Red face Match my donation for some case law

Done another $10.00 from me

they need to update the amount needed a little more often so we know what is still needed

Doanation sent

"Thank you! Your payment to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. was sent."

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    Done another $10.00 from me

they need to update the amount needed a little more often so we know what is still needed
    Thanks, that's 3, we need at least 7 more, lets make it happen folks!

Bump!

$10 for some case law guys, can't get much cheaper than that. Break out those wallets and lighten them by $10!

Where would I be without you good folks?I have understood for some time now,how people with limited funds lose out when it comes to getting justice in our legal system!There are few pro-gun lawyers and less pro bono lawyers,unless there are millions to be had!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Victory

In a nutshell, a victory for you in this matter, is really a victory for us all. Be it OCing or any other activity that others are apposed to or afraid of. Today its OCing tomorrow maybe I might offend someone because I wore my Fuchsia colored shirt and my pink tie on 12 mile!

and speaking of Fuchsia, in 2006 here in Monroe county, I got pulled over for speeding by a Female deputy sherrif. She Gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 45.

I took it to court because of her last statement which was "I would not have given you a ticket but for the fact you drive a Pink car." As she handed me the ticket i told "her" it was not pink it was "Fuchsia!"

court day came, I won! Had I not believed she was wrong and took her to court, I may still be getting tickets from her because the color of my car offended her!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    In a nutshell, a victory for you in this matter, is really a victory for us all. Be it OCing or any other activity that others are apposed to or afraid of. Today its OCing tomorrow maybe I might offend someone because I wore my Fuchsia colored shirt and my pink tie on 12 mile!

and speaking of Fuchsia, in 2006 here in Monroe county, I got pulled over for speeding by a Female deputy sherrif. She Gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 45.

I took it to court because of her last statement which was "I would not have given you a ticket but for the fact you drive a Pink car." As she handed me the ticket i told "her" it was not pink it was "Fuchsia!"

court day came, I won! Had I not believed she was wrong and took her to court, I may still be getting tickets from her because the color of my car offended her!
    A victory for OUR rights has always been my point in this.Otherwise I know someone who most certainly would have loaned me the money in order to make some money.With him it's always about the money. I felt it would be best for us to do this together because I know how it makes you feel to help do something good that will benefit everyone who understands what our inalienable rights are and how far behind we are when it comes to the legislative intrusion that has gone on for the last 40 years or so! Good job guys!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Thumbs up

The $2500 goal has been reached, thanks to those of you that matched my donation or made donations on your own!
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 10-09-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Booya!!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    Now we should start saving for the next step.

I don't want to hamper your effort in any way. However, it is my understanding that case law is not made at the trial court level. Thus, no decision made would be binding on any other court unless it were a decision made at the appeals court level. A fine example to cite it may be, case law it would not.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIan View Post
    I don't want to hamper your effort in any way. However, it is my understanding that case law is not made at the trial court level. Thus, no decision made would be binding on any other court unless it were a decision made at the appeals court level. A fine example to cite it may be, case law it would not.
    agreed, but it may help