• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT Kind of: Owning Guns and Association to oathkeepers gets newborn baby taken away

mparramore

My biggest concern in all this is the tracking of those who blog on Oath keepers, this isn’t like a radical group that has attacked or target anyone in the past, it is actually allot of law enforcement and military people and others. If they are monitoring and tracking this site, and calling them "a militia movement", what about this or any other site.
Can the fact that we post on OCDO be used in an affidavit to take our children away, or perhaps be used to say we are mentally instable and need to be hospitalized? That’s the scary thing to me about this story.

+1 :eek: You know the Government is screening this.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I see nothing to implicate the father, nor to take him from his child except a meaningless complaint that the father is an oath keeper and he has bought firearms. The document, however does not appear to be complete at the bottom of this page. Is there another page to this document?

The police officer's agression, grabbing the father, conducting a non-consensual search, and seizing his property appears to be a clear case of battery, and maybe more.

This could get interesting.

How about what was written in the motion of change of venue?
7. Mr Irish was court ordered to attend Ending the Violence with Scott Hampton, however, to date, had not completed this program. The Epson Police Department stated they were very familiar with Mr Irish, as they have responded to multiple calls, which involved Mr Irish and firearms, one fo which resulted in a pending charge for possession of a concealed weapon with out a permit. The Division became aware and confirmed that Mr Irish associated with a militia known as the "Oath Keepers" and had purchased several different types of weapons including a rifle, handgun and taser.

Apparently there are many issues at hand and LE has been dealing with him for sometime now little little result.

swatspyder

How about what was written in the motion of change of venue?

Apparently there are many issues at hand and LE has been dealing with him for sometime now little little result.

Are you now FOR having to get a license to carry a CONCEALED pistol!? FFS That shouldn't even be highlighted. :banghead:

Honestly, out of everyone here, you really are the best at knowing how to be for and against something at the same time...

And BTW, on the radio, he just explained himself on the charge of possession of a handgun without a permit. His fiance has a CPL and had her firearm in a laptop style case. They came back from him getting dental work done and was pulled over. The officers requested where her firearm was and charged him of being in possession of a concealed firearm without a permit. It was dropped from a Class B Felony to a Class B Misdemeanor.

Last edited:

5o56x45

If you look at the rest of the reasons, they had other children taken away. And by the way it was worded it appears that there was a previous issue with him and guns including concealing without a permit. That seems to be why they were concerned with his recent purchases of guns.

Is that why they were concerned with him being associated with a militia known as the "Oath Keepers" (militia so-called ... what a scary word right?!)?

The Division became aware and confirmed that Mr. Irish associated with a militia known as the "Oath Keepers." and had purchased several different types of weapons including a rifle, handgun and taser.

Am I to understand that Obeying the oath that I took to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic should be stated in an official document as reason to cause alarm let alone as a reason to take my child from me (yes I know that is probably not the only reason but it was still one of the reasons stated)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS3H6Cakwpw

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Are you now FOR having to get a license to carry a CONCEALED pistol!? FFS That shouldn't even be highlighted. :banghead:

Honestly, out of everyone here, you really are the best at knowing how to be for and against something at the same time...

And BTW, on the radio, he just explained himself on the charge of possession of a handgun without a permit. His fiance has a CPL and had her firearm in a laptop style case. They came back from him getting dental work done and was pulled over. The officers requested where her firearm was and charged him of being in possession of a concealed firearm without a permit. It was dropped from a Class B Felony to a Class B Misdemeanor.

I am not for breaking the law, pretty simple to understand and it should be easy for you as well.

swatspyder

I am not for breaking the law, pretty simple to understand and it should be easy for you as well.

Sounds like you drive like a granny, use your blinker every time you move, wipe your butt before you leave for work, and put a smile on your face like nothing is going to happen to you.

It's real life buddy, there are laws on the books that can get us arrested at any time for so many damn things. How about realizing that some laws are meant to be broken.

How about those laws that go against the Constitution!? Ya ever given it much thought?

You cannot hide in a bubble, or sit in your comfy chair and expect something to happen. Some people successfully correct corrupt laws by challenging them.

Last edited:

KBCraig

If you look at the rest of the reasons, they had other children taken away. And by the way it was worded it appears that there was a previous issue with him and guns including concealing without a permit.
Here's the story on that (as told by John; my summary):

Stephanie has a valid NH permit. The gun is hers. John had two wisdom teeth extracted under anesthesia, so she drove him to and from the appointment. They arrived home, with him still groggy and drugged, and found police waiting for them in their driveway (related to the previous matters, I suppose).

Stephanie was almost 6 months pregnant at the time, so she wasn't carrying in a holster. She had her gun in a laptop bag. Police told her to step out of the car, which she did. They asked where her gun was; she told them. They asked to see it, so she retrieve the laptop bag from the car and gave it to them. They then arrested John for having been in the car with the gun.

(In NH, a license is required to carry a loaded handgun concealed, or to carry a loaded handgun in a car.)

They initially charged John with a felony with a $10,000 cash bond. In the end, he was released by paying the bail commissioner's $36 fee. The felony was downgraded to a misdemeanor a few days later. He is fighting the charge and is waiting for the trial.

ETA: Since the only time John was alone in the car with the loaded handgun was in their own driveway, the charge of unlawful carry doesn't even apply. He will win easily if it goes to trial.

I don't know any details about the previous cases with DCYF. Don't assume the older children were removed from the home, because we don't know that.

DCYF is a notoriously difficult agency to deal with, and they take things personally. They make people's lives hell just for challenging them.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Sounds like you drive like a granny, use your blinker every time you move, wipe your butt before you leave for work, and put a smile on your face like nothing is going to happen to you.
NO, And You Don't LOL :eek::lol:, and Yes I do smile.

It's real life buddy, there are laws on the books that can get us arrested at any time for so many damn things. How about realizing that some laws are meant to be broken.
Oh you mean the ones you don't like? Since you partake in illegal acts of sorts? Or what law would they have on the books that are meant to be broken?

How about those laws that go against the Constitution!? Ya ever given it much thought?
There are many laws that I as well others disagree with but they are the laws and until such time they are changed they are here and we must deal with them in a lawful manner.
Have you ever gave our Constitutions any clear thought?

Last edited:

ainie

In case you missed the forum rules, let me recount one for you:

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

You cannot hide in a bubble, or sit in your comfy chair and expect something to happen. Some people successfully correct corrupt laws by challenging them.

sirpuma

Welcome to the new Amurika where the Clintonesque "it takes a village" communist mentality reigns. Where if you have politically incorrect views or don't toe the government line, then you will find your children being stolen by the state for reeducation so that they will become good citizens.

swatspyder

In case you missed the forum rules, let me recount one for you:

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

And these posts are why I tend to lurk and never post...

Oh well...

You forgot one though.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
And these posts are why I tend to lurk and never post...

Oh well...

You forgot one though.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

image.php
You forget the rules and have the audacity to call someone else on it, how noble of you.
Oh that is right you only apply what laws and rules that suit you at the time.

Last edited: