Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: 3 good encounters in 24 hours!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    64

    3 good encounters in 24 hours!

    Yesterday I was coming out of Walmart walking up to my truck (with the large Wisconsin Carry sticker on the back window, Hint, Hint!). An older gentleman yelled at me from 2 rows over, "Hey Wisconsin Carry! You guys go for it!" and gave me a big "thumbs up"
    Later, I was having lunch at Taco Johns.(wearing my Wisconsin Carry T-shirt... 2nd BIG HINT!) A lady walked over and described an incident her sister witnessed at church in Texas when a guy came in waving a gun, and three members of the congregation drew their guns and convinced him that he should take his business elsewhere. She was very supportive.
    This morning I was having breakfast at McDonalds and another lady came over and asked what I did for a living that I carried a gun. I told her I worked in an office, and carried everyday and everywhere it was legal. She said "I guess it's fine if you feel unsafe or are being threatened" I suggested that I never plan on being in an accident, but I wear my seatbelt all the time too, just in case. I could just about see her making the mental connection, she kind of smiled and just said "hmm, I guess that's true"
    The point is, represent Wisconsin Carry proudly every day! Talk to people, give them a good impression of us, hand out brochures and information. We'll win them over one at a time.

  2. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in your pants
    Posts
    397
    great encounters. thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    McX
    Guest
    i'm jealous! congrats on having good encounters. only a few things i can add; had one supplier thank me for standing up for our rights, and his. secretary at my accountant's place also thanked me for acting in the madison 5 matter. seems like the public is getting it, now if just the cops would learn........

  4. #4
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    I suspect that the District attorney or Prosecutor in the Madison 5 case SHOULD ALSO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for this attempted miscarriage of justice also known as MALICIOUS PROSECUTION!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 10-08-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: needed to add the "attorney" that I thought I had actually typed. Must be fault of my rental typing fingers!

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,319
    You mean people weren't screaming and running away from you?

    I think people are starting to get we are regular people, who just happen to also carry for protection.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  6. #6
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You mean people weren't screaming and running away from you?

    I think people are starting to get we are regular people, who just happen to also carry for protection.

    and in amazement to all; we like to go out to eat, and stop and drink coffee, and all kinds of normal boring stuff!

  7. #7
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Well done, we are better because of your efforts.

  8. #8
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    and in amazement to all; we like to go out to eat, and stop and drink coffee, and all kinds of normal boring stuff!
    How can we be normal, we carry guns looking for trouble. Just kidding.

  9. #9
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    How can we be normal, we carry guns looking for trouble.
    No kidding! If you read some of the comments following various stories about police infringing on our rights, probably the nicest thing people call us is "nuts", and it gets downright nasty from there.
    I guess if people don't have facts, logic, & reason to support their ideas, they resort to name-calling. I think that's behaviour most commonly associated with grade-school children.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    SNIP I guess if people don't have facts, logic, & reason to support their ideas, they resort to name-calling. I think that's behaviour most commonly associated with grade-school children.
    No cop-bashing, please.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4
    good job. i carry everywhere i go. screw what people think. and carry on.
    Last edited by vick; 10-08-2010 at 11:43 PM.

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Great hat trick, Serpent.

  13. #13
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    No kidding! If you read some of the comments following various stories about police infringing on our rights, probably the nicest thing people call us is "nuts", and it gets downright nasty from there.
    I guess if people don't have facts, logic, & reason to support their ideas, they resort to name-calling. I think that's behaviour most commonly associated with grade-school children.
    I do have to laugh when I read some of those comments. If anyone of them were in a bad situation the first thing they would do is grab their cell phone and call a gun. Why does a gun seem better after the incident but not during the incident?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Why does a gun seem better after the incident but not during the incident?
    Shorter exposure to responsibility and liability.

  15. #15
    Regular Member GlockRDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    north of the Peoples Republic of Madison
    Posts
    626
    Great encounters! i NEED to get the guts to carry more often! BTW, it was nice to meet you this morning!

  16. #16
    XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    great encounters. thanks for sharing.
    +1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •