• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 good encounters in 24 hours!

Serpent

Yesterday I was coming out of Walmart walking up to my truck (with the large Wisconsin Carry sticker on the back window, Hint, Hint!). An older gentleman yelled at me from 2 rows over, "Hey Wisconsin Carry! You guys go for it!" and gave me a big "thumbs up"
Later, I was having lunch at Taco Johns.(wearing my Wisconsin Carry T-shirt... 2nd BIG HINT!) A lady walked over and described an incident her sister witnessed at church in Texas when a guy came in waving a gun, and three members of the congregation drew their guns and convinced him that he should take his business elsewhere. She was very supportive.
This morning I was having breakfast at McDonalds and another lady came over and asked what I did for a living that I carried a gun. I told her I worked in an office, and carried everyday and everywhere it was legal. She said "I guess it's fine if you feel unsafe or are being threatened" I suggested that I never plan on being in an accident, but I wear my seatbelt all the time too, just in case. I could just about see her making the mental connection, she kind of smiled and just said "hmm, I guess that's true"
The point is, represent Wisconsin Carry proudly every day! Talk to people, give them a good impression of us, hand out brochures and information. We'll win them over one at a time.

M

McX

i'm jealous! congrats on having good encounters. only a few things i can add; had one supplier thank me for standing up for our rights, and his. secretary at my accountant's place also thanked me for acting in the madison 5 matter. seems like the public is getting it, now if just the cops would learn........

JoeSparky

Centurion
I suspect that the District attorney or Prosecutor in the Madison 5 case SHOULD ALSO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for this attempted miscarriage of justice also known as MALICIOUS PROSECUTION!

Last edited:

protias

You mean people weren't screaming and running away from you? :lol:

I think people are starting to get we are regular people, who just happen to also carry for protection.

M

McX

You mean people weren't screaming and running away from you? :lol:

I think people are starting to get we are regular people, who just happen to also carry for protection.

and in amazement to all; we like to go out to eat, and stop and drink coffee, and all kinds of normal boring stuff!

MKEgal

How can we be normal, we carry guns looking for trouble.

No kidding! If you read some of the comments following various stories about police infringing on our rights, probably the nicest thing people call us is "nuts", and it gets downright nasty from there.
I guess if people don't have facts, logic, & reason to support their ideas, they resort to name-calling. I think that's behaviour most commonly associated with grade-school children.

vick

good job. i carry everywhere i go. screw what people think. and carry on.

Last edited:

johnny amish

No kidding! If you read some of the comments following various stories about police infringing on our rights, probably the nicest thing people call us is "nuts", and it gets downright nasty from there.
I guess if people don't have facts, logic, & reason to support their ideas, they resort to name-calling. I think that's behaviour most commonly associated with grade-school children.

I do have to laugh when I read some of those comments. If anyone of them were in a bad situation the first thing they would do is grab their cell phone and call a gun. Why does a gun seem better after the incident but not during the incident?