• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BlackHawk Ambidextrous Holsters with Magazine Pouch + Ruger SR9 = Frighting

DCKilla

I had bought this holster for my SR9 as cheap CC IWB rig. After tucking it in my waist band, my wife said I was printing pretty bad. Ok, so it's not the best CC holster. I went to remove the pistol from the holster. The thing wouldn't move an inch to save my life. After a minute, I was able to get it free from the holster. I figured that the front sight was catching on the bottom of the holster. This might not be a problem for other guns, but the SR9 is a no go for this holster. "...to save my life." wasn't just a saying for me at the time. If I was in a life or death situation, God help me. Beware if the holster you use that is a one size fits most kind of a deal.

Take care and carry on.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Get a Minotaur holster.

For CC, I carry my SR9 in a "Minotaur" IWB holster made by comp-tac. It costs about $80, but it is well worth it.

Still looking for a good OWB holster for the SR9 for open carry. Haven't found one yet. I have a generic Gunmate holster that I have used in the past, but it is somewhat bulky. I'm open to suggestions for an OC holster for it.

Last edited:

DCKilla

For CC, I carry my SR9 in a "Minotaur" IWB holster made by comp-tac. It costs about $80, but it is well worth it.

Still looking for a good OWB holster for the SR9 for open carry. Haven't found one yet. I have a generic Gunmate holster that I have used in the past, but it is somewhat bulky. I'm open to suggestions for an OC holster for it.
For OC, I use the Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level 2 holster. It comes with a paddle and belt loop options. So, really you get 2 styles from one purchase. The plastic material is thick and sturdy. This holster allows for an extremely fast draw with active retention. It's a great holster.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-active-retention-matte-finish-4105.html

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
For OC, I use the Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level 2 holster. It comes with a paddle and belt loop options. So, really you get 2 styles from one purchase. The plastic material is thick and sturdy. This holster allows for an extremely fast draw with active retention. It's a great holster.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-active-retention-matte-finish-4105.html

I use one of those for my Glock 23 and for my 1911, but sadly the SR9 Serpa is only produced for a RH draw. Southpaws are discriminated against yet again :banghead:

DCKilla

armedwalleye

Southpaw SR9 OC holster

Try a Fobus HK1RBL. I''m carrying an SR9C, but am told it's the same holster for both guns. It'll rotate to give a forward cant, level draw or even crossdraw in a vehicle, and at 3 o'clock is VERY comfortable. Rides nice and high. Bought mine on e-bay for under $30. If you're looking at a Serpa, this is the closest I've found for us lefties. No push button release, but a pretty positive pull is required to separate the gun and holster.

Check it out and, if you don't mind, let us know what you find.

armedwalleye

Southpaw SR9 CC Holster

Sorry about that. Read the previous post to my last and that may not have been exactly "on point". For a CC leftie, try High Noon Holsters. They have a number of custom holsters, and I've seen them up close. Don't own one...Yet. LOTS of options for CC lefties for the SR9 and SR9C.

Again, hope this helps, and let us know what you find.

DCKilla

How well does the Minotaur conceal the SR9? Is there any time that it feels unconfortable? So far, I haven't been able to conceal very well with other holsters.