• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No open carry at blackhawk credit unions

jeff niles

Just got news letter from credit union ,new policy no guns.Called the president no call back yet? We may have to put pressure on them.

Vandil

Policy says to give the criminal what they want and get them out of the place with no resistance as quickly as possible. I'm not sure the new No Carry policy has much to do with them fearing open carry criminals. I would bet it does have something to do with having armed and unpredictable Jo Citizen in the mix during a bank robbery.

They'd look at it as a liability. There was a case last year where a customer tackled a bank robber and ended up getting a couple people shot. They then turned around and sued the customer.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Policy says to give the criminal what they want and get them out of the place with no resistance as quickly as possible. I'm not sure the new No Carry policy has much to do with them fearing open carry criminals. I would bet it does have something to do with having armed and unpredictable Jo Citizen in the mix during a bank robbery.

They'd look at it as a liability. There was a case last year where a customer tackled a bank robber and ended up getting a couple people shot. They then turned around and sued the customer.

Good Samaritan...I bet he won that case. regardless of loss of life.