• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC & Retention Classes

Interested in a OC retention class

• Total voters

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I've been discussing the idea with a few folks and the idea of a retention training class has been brought up. We have a few members who have been thru training and/or have taught training and are willing to teach the class. I'd like to get a bunch of folks together one afternoon.

I have a huge back yard and plenty of parking. This time of year is kind of hard to plan for good weather but i am sure we could try. Date, time, location and rules to follow.....

I will insist on a cold range meaning all weapons unloaded and mags removed while at this class - some guns do not holster well with zip ties but(if you are going to train, why not use what you carry??).

Last edited:

ShooterMcGavin

I have recently re-irritated an old shoulder injury. This time, it seems like it is not going away. However, I have wanted to take a retention class for a very long time. I have looked at some techniques and tried them a bit, in the past.

How appropriate would this be for someone with a weakened shoulder?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I have recently re-irritated an old shoulder injury. This time, it seems like it is not going away. However, I have wanted to take a retention class for a very long time. I have looked at some techniques and tried them a bit, in the past.

How appropriate would this be for someone with a weakened shoulder?

Very, the idea here is not to injure anyone or make old injuries any worse. I myself just got out of a cast (7 weeks) and am not ready for any real man handling as of yet.

maclean

We have a few members who have been thru training and/or have taught training and are willing to teach the class. (sorry left out a few words in the orig post)

Would an LEO be welcome or make you uncomfortable?

I would take no insult either way.

Deleted_User

Aye, LEOs are people too. I'm all for this +1 with Ani. We only have the 1 piece but we got 2 holsters so we can change and switch I guess since we carry the same one unless someone got a Beretta 92FS or a "bluebie" we can use

Ruby

I am VERY interested in doing this. I think this would be good for everyone, but especially for women. There's no way I could out wrestle a man for my gun strength wise; it would have to depend on technique.

maclean

I am VERY interested in doing this. I think this would be good for everyone, but especially for women. There's no way I could out wrestle a man for my gun strength wise; it would have to depend on technique.

Technique is the key, yes.

o2ryan

I would love to see this done on the east side of the state as well and could even offer up some indoor space for the training to take place.

Gunr, PM me know if you know of anyone willing to conduct this training in Spokane.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Berretas

I'm in the Army, so I can get some dummy handguns. The only problem they won't fit the holsters of what most people carry. If desired I will get them though.

5o56x45

Tacoma is a bit far for me, but I would definitely try to make it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Would an LEO be welcome or make you uncomfortable?

I would take no insult either way.

I would welcome you as well.

Ruby, technique is key and you can wrestle to keep your firearm. I have personally witnessed as much.