• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC & Retention Classes

Interested in a OC retention class

• Total voters

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
M1Gunr you maybe taking a lot of liability upon you homeowners insurance and it is good to see you are taking some steps to prevent hazards as if someone is hurt, you're liable.

Hopefully you will have a certified instructor that is well established as any training one can take for self defense can or may help you in a legal proceeding and then you maybe be able to have the instructor called as a professional witness as to what you were trained in and that you acted with in the law with this training.

Having the open carry information class is a great idea though and your intent is admirable.

Leatherneck

It would definitely depend on what day, but I'll do what I can to work around something like this.

Do you have info on what techniques the trainers work with?

And Maclean, it may be a little awkward if you show up in uniform.
Could you imagine neighbors seeing 1 cop in the back yard with a bunch of people and someone is fighting him for his gun? :lol:

Squeak

i would make the trip, but wont commit till we have a date set.
but then really days dont matter to me, so i will say yes.
now ill go vote yes!
Just a 'yes' or 'no'. Don't make the story too long! Reminds me of the time when.................................

Squeak

I have a question; O.K. the OC part is good but the retention part, well, I've spent a lot of time in retention so could I skip that part? I do that really well! Just askin'.

DEROS72

Kick a$$ idea.I'd love to do detention....oh wait thats Squeak.Retention class that woulf be great because my memory is shot as it.....So what was this again .Anyway its a really good plan.I'll be there.

maclean

And Maclean, it may be a little awkward if you show up in uniform.
Could you imagine neighbors seeing 1 cop in the back yard with a bunch of people and someone is fighting him for his gun? :lol:

LOL!

I promise to wear jeans and nothing that resembles a uniform.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
what's the fee? I'm interested...

I wasn't looking at charging a fee, however I was talking with Deros and he suggested that we could rent the cabana at his complex so we don't have to worry about the weather plus it's located in Seatac. It would cost $100 to rent it for the day. I got to thinking if everyone put in $5 we could cover the cabana cost and use the remaining funds for gun show tables, oc outing supplies, etc....

If anyone has access to the training pistols by all means bring them. At $30-$50 for each one I doubt I'll be getting any, anytime soon.

It looks as though we have enough interest, lets set a date......

Deleted_User

I'm shopping for a training pistol

Also, count me +1 for the training.

Question, what is the age limit for this? I'd like to bring my son along, even if just to watch and run the camera for future America's Funniest OC moments.

TechnoWeenie

I suggest training guns... Ie. blue/red.. Those without should remove their barrels and mags so there are ZERO mixups.

I've been through retention training.... Part of that was a 'normal' day where we went out, had lunch, did 'normal' stuff, with everyone else taking each others (blue training) weapons whenever. Waiting until your guard is down and YOINK.... I was actually suckered into one, where someone called my name, as I turned towards I left myself exposed, I was grabbed from behind and my 'weapon' removed from it's holster and aimed at my chest in about 2 seconds....

If I'm standing, my arm/elbow is on my weapon. If I'm walking, my arm is over it.....

IMO, if the day ends without everyone bruised and beaten (myself included), it wasn't done right...

Part of the whole 'organizing' part, is shared resources....

As an organization we'd have more power to buy training equipment, gear, range facilities, etc etc.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I suggest training guns... Ie. blue/red.. Those without should remove their barrels and mags so there are ZERO mixups.

I've been through retention training.... Part of that was a 'normal' day where we went out, had lunch, did 'normal' stuff, with everyone else taking each others (blue training) weapons whenever. Waiting until your guard is down and YOINK.... I was actually suckered into one, where someone called my name, as I turned towards I left myself exposed, I was grabbed from behind and my 'weapon' removed from it's holster and aimed at my chest in about 2 seconds....

If I'm standing, my arm/elbow is on my weapon. If I'm walking, my arm is over it.....

IMO, if the day ends without everyone bruised and beaten (myself included), it wasn't done right...

I have done the same, in an airplane fuselage. I was bruised and beaten over the seats, walls, etc.... but learned alot.