• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Hoplophobes’ Travel Guide to the United States

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Guns in Parks: The Hoplophobes’ Travel Guide to the United States

Generally speaking, a mentally ill person has a better chance of being cured if he wants to be cured, and so the first step towards mental health is recognizing that one is mentally ill. So in the interest of perhaps encouraging some Hoplophobes to admit that they have a problem, here is a travel guide to the United States, based on the presumption that a person refuses to go any place where most adults can lawfully carry firearms for protection.

http://www.newledger.com/2009/05/guns-in-parks-the-hoplophobes%E2%80%99-travel-guide-to-the-united-states/

Last edited:

oneeyeross

Worked fine for me with Firefox...and yes, it was a great piece of literature.

Too bad people don't understand satire anymore....I particularly loved the bit about South Central LA being an extremely safe place to be, since it is so hard to carry a firearm there, what with all the laws & stuff...

amzbrady

The two I posted have been verified to be working in IE, make sure that you check compatability viewer and make sure it is set up correctly.

thats the broken paper thingy next to the address bar. I had to click mine. Why dont they just make everything work right without having to jump through hoopslaphobes.

devildoc5

the easy answer to your question is because it is microsoft.

If you want something that "just works" I HIGHLY recommend you download Ubuntu 10.4 burn it to a cd or dvd and reboot your computer and set it up.

The unique thing about ubuntu is it is not only free and all updates and future releases are free, but it JUST WORKS!

Deleted_User

This is actually fun to read. Thanks for the bottom link M1Gunr. IDK WTF my problem was, but I couldn't get it to work for the life of me.

California is safe, except for some of the rural counties, where sheriffs issue permits to law-abiding citizens. Permits are close to non-existent in Los Angeles, making South Central L.A. an especially safe area for the Hoplophobe. (+1 to the author)

Last edited: