• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Babies R Us

Shell

I went to a Babies R Us the other day, and there was a huge sign at the entrance saying that no guns were permitted on the premises with an image of a gun and a big slash through it. It just seemed kind of random to me, so I thought I'd share... That was the last place that I expected to have an obvious sign, and at the same time that argument of "swimming pool fatalities vs. gun fatalities" ran through my head...

Shell

Yeah really. I just found out it's a Toys R Us and Babies R Us country-wide policy... I did not know that.

mark-in-texas

Actually amish, that should be holsters with strollers!

At my local 3-gun match, I've seen a few strollers converted into weapon carriers....

skorittnig

I went to babies'r'us with my wife and child today (unarmed) fully expecting to see the sign on the door. There was no sign- we have a gift card that we have yet to fully use, so I will be back until it is spent. After that, I plan on taking my wife's breast pump needs elsewhere! LOL. seriously though :lol:

Shell

I went to babies'r'us with my wife and child today (unarmed) fully expecting to see the sign on the door. There was no sign- we have a gift card that we have yet to fully use, so I will be back until it is spent. After that, I plan on taking my wife's breast pump needs elsewhere! LOL. seriously though :lol:

FYI Target actually has a lot of pumping merchandise, and I've never seen a big anti-gun sign on their door before... Also I know they are open-carry friendly anyways. BTW tell your wife that I think she's awesome for breastfeeding! We nursing mothers can't get enough positive support