• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You wanna blow people away? This is what happens.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Just had parentheses where they didn't belong.

Thanks, skidmark. I fixed the link in the OP. It does take about 20-30 seconds to load, though.

I found it personally interesting as I attended a neighboring school, and watched, in 9nth grade, as a PE coach talked a student into giving up a gun he'd brought to class. Very brave, particular as the student was pointing it at the coach and several others.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Good story and good reminder.

However, who are you (the OPer) talking to when your title asks, "You wanna blow people away?" You realize you are implying OCDO readers are unbalanced enough that they need this story as a warning?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I find I must concur with Citizen on this one.

Please keep in mind that anti-gun people also read this forum. We don't want them to carry away any more wrong ideas about us than we can help. Point being, be more specific as to whom you're referring.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Nope. My OP title "You wanna blow people away? This is what happens" is addressed to those kids (or adults) who would walk into public places firing left and right.

It wasn't addressed to those of us law-abiding citizens who frequent this board.

Last edited: