• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff candidate Keller bleeding political blood for you. Calls deputys "Brownshirts

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Sheriff candidate Keller bleeding political blood for you. Calls deputys "Brownshirts

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/oct/08/sheriff-aspirant-likens-deputies-nazis/
Excerpt 1 said:
Keller said he is the only pro gun candidate. He said the sheriff's office doesn't have to enforce the concealed carry law because it's unconstitutional. He said his priority would be to uphold the Constitution.
Excerpt 2 said:
Rock County sheriff candidate Gary Keller on Thursday called deputies brownshirts, referring to Adolf Hitler's Nazi storm troopers.

"Anybody that knows anything about history knows what I mean there," Keller said. "People won't talk to them. They just don't have the confidence that they can talk to them and anything is going to be done about it."
Here is a candidate that we can trust and support. While he used different and harsher language, I am sure that he would agree with my 'LEO emotional bank account overdrawn' comments.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
What? You didn't catch this obvious historical error Doug? You are slipping...

"Rock County sheriff candidate Gary Keller on Thursday called deputies brownshirts, referring to Adolf Hitler's Nazi storm troopers."

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
My PM correspondent, a.k.a. 'Sockpuppet', prods me to go on a bit.

Brownshirts were the Sturmabteilung, that translates as Stormtroopers, a paramilitary branch of the NSDAP that predated it from 1919 and aided its rise to power.

Oh, citation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownshirts

ETA much later: Ho ho. He rightfully points out that, doing his bidding, I am puppet to my Señor Wences. Kinda like Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.

Last edited: