• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

58 Year Old Carrying Rifle Shot By Police In Home

AyatollahGondola

Yikes!!

Lotta coincidences here for me. Very close to the same age, same last name, and just a week off my rifle hike. This is one of those times I sure hope he was very guilty of something.
Domestic calls are a bitch for cops, but this article insinuated that the guy was suicidal. The response for that sure isn't supposed to be justifiable homicide.

Ca Patriot

As a matter of procedure, when the police know there is an armed person inside a house who is unstable, they should NOT enter the house seeking a confrontation. The police should stay outside and try to get the person to come out.

Police going into a house with an unstable and armed person is basically just sealing their fate. I think many times thats what police want.