• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would the NRA rather have Speaker Pelosi or the Republicans in charge of the House?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2010/10/nra-gives-endorsements-to-pro-gun.html#links
John Lott said:
NRA gives endorsements to pro-gun Democrats

The NRA has been giving endorsements to both Republicans and Democrats this election. The ratio in the House races is by about 3-to-1. Republicans are grumbling that the Democrat endorsements that the NRA is making are in precisely those races where there endorsements will make the most difference. Would the NRA rather have Speaker Pelosi or the Republicans in charge of the House? ...
A disturbing question.

Last edited:

Thundar

NRA only cares about NRA power and money

Would the NRA rather have Speaker Pelosi or the Republicans in charge of the House?

My honest answer to your question Doug is that the NRA would want the NRA in charge of the house. They would support anybody, including Michael Bloomberg, if they thought it would lead to more power and money for the NRA.

rodbender

My honest answer to your question Doug is that the NRA would want the NRA in charge of the house. They would support anybody, including Michael Bloomberg, if they thought it would lead to more power and money for the NRA.

What he said.^

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
1 Comments:
b16-rounded.gif
Radio Babylon said... im not a member of the NRA because i want them to stump for a particular political point of view... i give them my money to protect my right to keep and bear arms. period. thats what they are doing.
10/09/2010 9:27 PM
That's why I am a life member of not only the NRA, but GOA and TSRA. Not that I always agree with the positions they take, or the people they endorse. I make up my own mind when I vote. It just so happens I never vote for a dem. The NRA endorsements are based on political strategy, and I could understand why they'd rather have Dirty Harry Reid remain at the top of the senate rather than chucky schumer. There's no doubt in my mind that the best possible thing that could happen would be a republican majority, thus eliminating that scenario.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
What we need now for a real demonstration of 'balance' is for a life member of both the democrat party and the gop to post here. Soo reasonable and so unprincipled, like trying to ride two horses at once, the NRA going to the left and the GOA going to the right.

And thanks for attributing the question to me, but all credit goes to someone smarter, better spoken and more widely read.

eye95

See the signature that I have had for the past couple of days and will leave up until the midterms are over to see my feeling on the subject of supporting gun-friendly incumbent Dems over equally gun-friendly Republican challengers.

If the NRA faces the dilemma of choosing between two equally pro-gun candidates, incumbency is the stupidest tie-breaker. The wise deciding factor would be party leadership.

Of course, that means that they would be picking lots of Republicans over Democrats, and they don't want to appear to be partisan. Again, a stupid consideration.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
In my voting district the choice is clear cut, the NRA happens to be endorsing everyone I plan to vote for. Just for the sake of arguement, if they did endorse Lord Doggett (D) over Dr. Cambell (R), I would still be voting republican because Doggett is a howling moonbat. Since Doggett has consistently followed the moonbat fringe on the gun issue as well as every other insipid platform it's no wonder the NRA endorses Cambell.

I've heard her speak at a couple political meetings, and I'm not exactly impressed with her, but I loathe Doggett, and I would vote to have him replaced with wild boars if they were on the ballot.