• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Gunman Emboldened to Shoot Teen in Brady-backed Gun-free School Zone

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Another juvenile was shot by an emboldened gang-banger in the Brady-backed gun-free school zone in Fullerton.

(sarcasm on) We can all feel safe in these Brady-backed disarmament zones knowing criminals will read and obey such laws. I just can't wait until we get the whole state of California, no...the whole nation, no...the whole world to be one big gun-free zone. Then we can hold hands and sing "Kumbaya". (sarcasm off) :banghead:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-270478-boy-fullerton.html

Ca Patriot

Does anyone know if ANYONE has ever been charged under the school zone code for a shooting ? From what I can tell DA's only use it against open carriers.

teemgreen99

unbelievable!!

I dont understand the logic that people come up with. How is a sign posted in front of a school that says "Gun Free School Zone" supposed to keep children safe!?!? The even more ignorant part of it is that those laws are geared directly towards law abiding gun owners!! Surley they must know that criminals are not law abiding people and they could care less about these laws. I myself have a 3 year old daughter and i carry when she is with me where i am permitted. I could never forgive myself if something happened to her.

Gundude

I dont understand the logic that people come up with. How is a sign posted in front of a school that says "Gun Free School Zone" supposed to keep children safe!?!? The even more ignorant part of it is that those laws are geared directly towards law abiding gun owners!! Surley they must know that criminals are not law abiding people and they could care less about these laws. I myself have a 3 year old daughter and i carry when she is with me where i am permitted. I could never forgive myself if something happened to her.

This law wasn't designed to do anything. It's a feel good law. A politician can stand up for a photo op and say, "I voted for this to save the children. See what a wonderful person I am." All it really does is turn law abiding citizens driving by a school into criminals.

Last edited:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Just ask your school superintendent

To allow you to carry in the 1000' GFSZ and see how far that gets you .....

demnogis

You can absolutely tell it was "feel-good legislation" because even if you had to use a handgun to protect your beloved daughter within the GFSZ, you ultimately would be in the right, but legally there is no exemption.

The only people exempted are CCW holders and LEOs. Oh, and those who have to use said handgun to stop a criminal that they have a restraining order against which they also have a CCW permit for in conjunction with threat of great bodily harm (or death) from said person.