Thread: ...Frank Lasee whose idea of improving education is to give our teachers loaded guns.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

...Frank Lasee whose idea of improving education is to give our teachers loaded guns.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...e-on-education
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Arndt
    GREEN BAY — When it comes to education, we have a real choice for state Senate. We can pick someone like Dr. Monk Elmer, who has done the hard work of being on the Kimberly School Board, or someone like Frank Lasee, whose idea of improving education is to give our teachers loaded guns.

We need real solutions in Madison, not embarrassing and dangerous gimmicks. Please join me in supporting Dr. Monk Elmer for state Senate.

Shane Arndt
    My emphasis
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-11-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Banned
    Yeah Monk Elmer is definitely anti gun. he will not get my vote

McX
    after seeing the title to the thread, i can only add these comments; some schools in our area have metal detectors, and yet criminals, and firearms are still found within the boundaries of the school zone. at some schools armed police are stationed within the schools. as though this was a right guarenteed only to them. arming teachers? not the worst idea i have heard of as of late.

Banned
    I would be willing to bet that Frank Lasee would be the state Representative that would sponsor repealing the ccw statute.

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    I whole heartedly believe that our teachers should be trained (yes I said trained. I would like to make sure my kids are safe.) and carry. The idea of throwing a book at a gunman like I have been hearing is asinine.

My mother is a middle school special ed. teacher for the emotionally disturbed and has been physically threatened on more than one occasion. These kids are bigger than her and in gangs. Luckily a gun hasn't been presented in her school yet, but these are the kids she is dealing with. Needless to say she has had multiple students arrested and we worry for her every day. She should have the right to protect herself and the other students.

Will this ever happen? I highly doubt it, but I would feel safer to know there is someone protecting my kids' lives in their classrooms.

Hopefully the vote will go the right way.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Yes, "teachers" would need to be trained to the gun. They've already been "educated" to post-modern standards.

Try reading Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt's The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America
    http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com.../DDDoA.sml.pdf 700+ pages 6.5 MB IIRC