Thread: Interesting lack of anti-gun rants

Interesting lack of anti-gun rants

I'm a regular reader of Consumerist.com. The place is populated with left-leaning New Yorkers, who generally aren't too fond of the whole Second Amendment thing.

Today there is an article about a bank incorrectly sending a locksmith to change locks on a house that was not in foreclosure. Obviously this is a bad thing to do, and much to my surprise, many of the comments noted that this locksmith is quite lucky to still be alive!

And not only that, at least so far, there hasn't been an outpouring of whacky liberal anti-gun drivel to counter these comments.

TFred

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Why is changing the locks on a house not in foreclosure obviously a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Well, I assumed people would read the article... or at least the whole post!

The bank sent a locksmith to an occupied home that was not in foreclosure, to change the locks. Apparently the typical method for doing this is to break locks on front door of the house, then replace old locks with new locks.

Locksmith lucky to be alive.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 10-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.

That is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    I guess you're right, it's not at all a bad thing to break into some innocent person's home and change the locks on their doors without there consent or even warning them.

She may not have to make any more payments at all.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Well, I assumed people would read the article... or at least the whole post!

The bank sent a locksmith to an occupied home that was not in foreclosure, to change the locks. Apparently the typical method for doing this is to break locks on front door of the house, then replace old locks with new locks.

Locksmith lucky to be alive.

TFred
    There's a little house in TX where such an action would have definately ended in severe injury or worse to said lock breaker.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    There's a little house in TX where such an action would have definately ended in severe injury or worse to said lock breaker.
    A few in my neck of the woods also. But I would feel real bad about an innocent locksmith. It wasn't his fault, he was just doing his job. I personally wouldn't have done anything to him other than make him replace the lock for free and hand me the keys. I would go after a bank with criminal charges and a civil suit.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I know the house was probably suppose to be vacant. I think I would have knocked anyway.
    Will Rogers

As much as these botched foreclosure cases have been in the news these past few weeks, I think the locksmith would have to be pretty dumb to just blindly trust that the bank was correct. Maybe I expect too much... but considering what the guy is doing is literally breaking and entering... I think I'd at least look in a window first.

TFred

Nope, been thru a foreclosure decades ago and the locksmith is just a housing repo man at that point. They'll pop the lock if you're there or not.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." B. Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KaosDad View Post
    Nope, been thru a foreclosure decades ago and the locksmith is just a housing repo man at that point. They'll pop the lock if you're there or not.
    Nevertheless... I'd venture to guess that more than one car repo man has fled the scene with his hide full of lead!

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Nevertheless... I'd venture to guess that more than one car repo man has fled the scene with his hide full of lead!

TFred
    Here in Texas a few repo guys have died trying to make that buck and the shooter didn't even have to make a trip to the popo station. With the castle doctrine in place I doubt that a home repo man would fair any better. He really should check for occupants.

When I was repoing, I always tried the sensible approach first. If they didn't give up the vehicle, I would go back later and take it.
    Will Rogers