• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are they trying to save us so they can just destroy us? Where are the brains?

kennys

It really sucks sometimes with the reality you see on a day to day basis really don’t make much sense. No smoking, no running, no wake zone, no speeding, no drunk driving, drug free zone, and don’t forget No GUNS!!!!!!!

Safety, health, and well being is a few things that link these words but one is a complete no fit and I am sure most all will agree with this.

With the no’s, many of these things regardless of either being laws or just postings are often tossed to the side and ignored by many. People do these things day in and day out and it sometimes takes years if ever for it to catch up with them if it even does.

Self protection and protection of family however is one of these things that are instantaneous. Only takes less than a second to take a life and it happens. There is no going back to shoulda, coulda, woulda.

You figure with all the brains out there that more would see the discrepancy. People take great pride when they feel they have saved some one from a fire, maybe gotten them to quit smoking or loose weight. Doctors in surgery are saving people every day, but some of them just don’t get it. To me it seems a waste that while the saving of life is good, their policies and reasoning often tend to put people at greater risk.

No tolerance policies too are a joke, I often see these when entering school zones. No drugs, no weapons, no fighting. Either against the law, or just plain out bad our schools are full of it. Drugs are already against the law, but criminals and law breakers don’t care. That aggressive bully don’t care, he can start a fight knowing he will have disciplinary action to follow, but also knows if their subject tries to fight back to defend themselves they will as well be subject to it. Their no tolerance rules as well seem to affect the good kids. Have a headache, sore throat, even a prescription medication from a doctor and they have to go through all the red tape just to get relief. Good lord, even if they are working on a project for school and a knife from home accidently gets mixed up and put in their bag they can face charges.

People can try to hide the fact as the day is long and say it’s a long shot for something to happen to them, but don’t they see the writing on the wall. Signs warning of non responsibility if Items are stolen, the public is always warned to stay vigilant, walk in groups, don’t go here are there at certain times. The news and all the crime they cover, yet so many things not reported on.

It’s sad when the good have to give up their rights to protection, as well as leading a easy non complicate life just because they want to try controlling the bad with the taking away from the good. Fact is it doesn’t matter. Unless a criminal is locked up, or controlled for what they are, and the good are allowed to be what they are with all their rights intact the world will never change as evil will triumph over the good as one day it will not pay to play by the rules.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is not about safety.

Really not about morality, common sense or doing what is good for the people.

It is about control. It is about suppressing individual thought and responsibility.

The RKBA is the biggest and most effective deterrent to threats.

kennys

I agree to all. That and most of their thought processes are flawed, or than again are they? Example; They get on people and are trying to regulate things like McDonald's happy meal toys along with a bunch of other things in the quest that Americans are getting more and more fat and lazy. They applaud innovation, but yet innovation has made us this way. Less hard work, more automation. For children less playing out side, computers video games and TV taking over. Many schools going on to use computers as it is easier for them, yet many workers cant manually calculate change to save there life.

While it may have had its down fall, with the older way of doing things we as a people needed to be smarter, and our brains couldn't be turned off with a flick of a switch. With what we are becoming it can be. A small blackout does enough, but think about if it were the whole country or even if it was just a computer black out.

With gun control the way they want it, it will empowers them over us and that could be even more disastrous. Tricks over tactics, smoke and mirrors trying to get every one to see the light. There light which is only darkness.

kennys

There should be a manual fail safe installed into the system, that way if computers did go down, they couldn't use the excuse to keep the legal citizen from purchasing a firearm.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There should be a manual fail safe installed into the system, that way if computers did go down, they couldn't use the excuse to keep the legal citizen from purchasing a firearm.

Oh there is - but you will be much older before receiving a response.

Back before the CHP exemption when we were all limited to one handgun per month from a FFL, I applied to VSP for a waiver/authorization to purchase a second handgun during a 30 day period as a collector - I was granted the waiver ............... after 33 days and nothing I did seemed to speed it up!!!! By the time I got it, it was meaningless as I was into a new period AND had already purchased the gun and I was told it was only good for that handgun. :banghead: