• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video footage of a firearm saving lives at a convenience store

CO-Joe

Man, what combination of crazy, stupid and intoxicated do you have to be for that?

gsx1138

Here's another from that same page - a man with a knife goes after his ex at work.
After he's stabbed her a few times, a customer shoots him.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=192_1200071401

(Then, of course, the 911 calls are about a shooting, when the real threat was the MWAK who nobody stopped.)

To be fair knives aren't nearly as loud as a gun. It's likely that most of the customers just heard the shots.

Michigander

They are lucky the clerk was packing a gun. Could have been a lot worse then it was.

And the clerk is lucky to have had not only a stupid attacker, but also a brave customer to help him for having hesitated under stress, and for not having his gun ready to be deployed in under a second.

It is an excellent reminder of why we all need to practice regularly to ensure a conditioned response in faced paced deadly situations flushed with fight or flight stress. He should thank God, or if so inclined good luck for keeping him alive. If the attacker wasn't such an idiot, the clerk would probably be dead.

Daylen

Yeah, who cares about a screaming woman. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I had to. :p

1. firearms are much louder than a screaming woman.

2. if a firearm is discharged in a grocery store then someone is being violently assaulted most likely; as was the case we saw in the video. calls saying shots fired does not declare that the person shooting is the BG just that something is occurring that might need LEO involvement, such as making an arrest or turning over an arrested person to a LEO. (much better than having to show up before a judge or magistrate to give up the arrested person)

DrakeXD

That was insane. I know we all practice for situations such as this, but to see it so clearly really kind of shakes you up. I'm glad the clerk and customers weren't killed.

It's really a shame that there are people like that in the world, but that is exactly why I carry. To protect myself, my family, and the innocent. I really don't understand how some people think it would be better if we banned guns. Those people should watch some of these videos.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Not a bad shot. The clerk puts the bad guy down with one shot, holding the gun "home boy" style, without even particularly bringing the gun up to eye level. And, having just been hacked and stabbed.

Not bad. Not bad at all.