• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Having a really bad day ....

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yee-haw! Reactive targets.

Shoot straight. Enjoy your self. Try not to get covered in foam. BTW - it is not a good bore cleaner - ask me how I know.

Thanks for reminding us of another of the good things to do with guns.

stay safe.

MKEgal

So, I am going to go do one of the only things that cheers me up ... plink some shaving cream cans from the dollar store.

Now that does sound like fun. If I ever have access to an outdoor range I'll have to try that.
So how do they react? Go off like rockets, fall over & spin,...?

rotty

With hollowpoints they explode quite dramatically. FMJ rounds .. still explode quite nicely with 9mm, .40, and .45.

Silly string from the dollar store is also good. For a REAL blast get yourself an exploding target and tape it to a can of dollar store air freshener :)

I spend about $1 per target for good targets at the sporting goods store or even wal mart. At the dollar store ... EVERYTHING is a buck ... and its ALL fun to shoot at.

We have grabbed everything you can imagine from there and never had a bad time shooting at any of it.

Oh .. the 16oz soda cans are 4 for a buck and if you shake them up real good before putting them downrange they can be fun too!

**added**
I forgot a couple things ..
For the shotgunners out there .. if you can get a good toss on a can of shaving cream ... priceless .. we use a water balloon launcher to throw things up but small modifications to a throwing machine will work with cardboard and duct tape.

I consider myself lucky to have a place in northern MN that is on State owned land where we are able to have this much fun. Never had a complaint but then again the last 3 times we have been there we left with as many 55 gallon bags of trash (mostly from other shooters) as we could carry.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I consider myself lucky to have a place in northern MN that is on State owned land where we are able to have this much fun. Never had a complaint but then again the last 3 times we have been there we left with as many 55 gallon bags of trash (mostly from other shooters) as we could carry.

I concur. Have fun, to be sure! But please clean up after yourselves. Half the reason Rampart Range here in Colorado Springs was closed is because too many shooters were pigs when it came to cleaning up after themselves.