Thread: Lehman vs. Wanggaard: What is your opinion about Wisconsin's concealed carry law?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Lehman vs. Wanggaard: What is your opinion about Wisconsin's concealed carry law?

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

Quote Originally Posted by JournalTimes.com
    What is your opinion about Wisconsin's concealed carry law?

Wanggaard:Anybody who can lawfully possess a firearm should be able to carry it concealed. You have to be old enough. You can't have a felony. All that stuff comes into play. It's got to be a person who is responsible. We have a lot of responsible people out there who would like the ability to protect themselves and their families.

Lehman: Most law enforcement oppose the concealed carry. I do support the right to keep and bear arms and I come from a big family of hunters. Having firearms to protect yourself that is not what we are talking about. What we are talking about is concealed weapons in schools, day cares, wherever. I just think that is very extreme.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Wanggaard:Anybody who can lawfully possess a firearm should be able to carry it concealed. You have to be old enough. You can't have a felony. All that stuff comes into play. It's got to be a person who is responsible. We have a lot of responsible people out there who would like the ability to protect themselves and their families.

Lehman: Most law enforcement oppose the concealed carry. I do support the right to keep and bear arms and I come from a big family of hunters. Having firearms to protect yourself that is not what we are talking about. What we are talking about is concealed weapons in schools, day cares, wherever. I just think that is very extreme.

This is correct, I had talked to both men and that is what each candidate had told me.

I told Lehman i could not support him.

Banned
    Was it clear that they knew that there is no Wisconsin concealed carry law that allows it? It is not clear to me that either the interviewer or his victims know that.

Very good Doug, Question should have been, What is your opinion about Wisconsin's concealed carry ban?
    Correct?

Banned
    I might have asked, "What is your opinion of Wisconsin's gun law?", trying to lead my witnesses even less than telling them that concealed is banned.

Centurion
    And a follow up to Waangard (sp)

How is ones "responsibility" to be determined? and my Whom?

I asked candidate Wanngaard Sat. would he support a repeal of 941.23 if it came to the floor, absolutly was his reply.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    I asked candidate Wanngaard Sat. would he support a repeal of 941.23 if it came to the floor, absolutly was his reply.
    Per Lehman - As a hunter, I would support the 2nd Amendment, but for the childrens' sake, I can't. sob sob, wring hands, wring hands. I used to be a teacher, so.... sob, sob, its for children....I have been always saying that...

Anti-rights people make me want to puke.

Where is the puke emotion?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    'Support' or sponsor a bill repealing no-CCW?

McX
    i won't say direct; but i knew one of them when i was young, and he was a chronic knob.