• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I challenge you to a duel!

Golden Eagle

I challenge you to a duel!

Since It's now legal for me to say that now, I went ahead and said it.
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

I guess I could have said it 4 months ago.
th_laughing6.gif

750.171 Repealed Eff. June 22, 2010.

Oh it was:
Engaging in or challenging to fight duel--Any person who shall engage in a duel with any deadly weapon, although no homicide ensue, or who shall challenge another to fight such duel, or shall send or deliver any written or verbal message, purporting or intended to be such challenge, although no duel ensue, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 10 years or by a fine of not more than 5,000 dollars, and shall also be incapable of holding or of being elected or appointed to any place of honor, profit or trust, under the constitution or laws of this state.

3fgburner

Meanwhile, Maryland still has trial by combat. Has to be plaintiff or plaintiff's lawyer vs defendant or defendant's lawyer. In a criminal case, it's prosecutor vs either defendant or defense counsel. Back in the 80s, a lawyer friend of mine was defending a guy against a bogus assault charge. Rather than move to dismiss, he challenged the DA. Since Ed had stomped into the courtroom in his (incredibly fugly) SCA armor with a couple of oak staves and thrown a gauntlet at the DA's feet, the DA moved (hastily) to dismiss.