• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DV and CWP?

j2l3

The cost of the CPL in Washington is $55.25. This fee is set by the legislature.

A DV conviction will disqualify you from obtaining a CPL in this state.

Start your research with RCW 9.41.040 Unlawful possession of firearms - Ownership, possession by certain persons - Penalties.

devildoc5

no offense but this just goes to show that "gun bans" do NOT work, even in the sense they were designed to.

Nothing personal against the OP and I am not even aware of all the circumstances so I cannot pass judgement, just saying that if N ONE with a DV is supposed to be able to purchase a gun of any type, and the OP states he has a few different times there must be some sort of proof the law is not working....or am I mistaken?

Hammer

Methinks it's time to pull posts and clam up and disappear.
By your own description you are in violation of federal law and talking about it on the interwebs. You may as well make a radio announcement.
I'm not trying to judge your circumstances in any respect, but if you look at this from an unbiased point of view, you could easily do some time in a federal pen from your own posts.
The system of NICS and background checks is as flawed as the legal system in this country. You didn't think the innocent went free and the guilty were punished, did you?
Why then would it not let a small time offense go unnoticed, only to arise at some much later date to make you life a living hell?
Let's not forget, you are the one who brought it up.....

dizzle2

Methinks it's time to pull posts and clam up and disappear.
By your own description you are in violation of federal law and talking about it on the interwebs. You may as well make a radio announcement.
I'm not trying to judge your circumstances in any respect, but if you look at this from an unbiased point of view, you could easily do some time in a federal pen from your own posts.
The system of NICS and background checks is as flawed as the legal system in this country. You didn't think the innocent went free and the guilty were punished, did you?
Why then would it not let a small time offense go unnoticed, only to arise at some much later date to make you life a living hell?
Let's not forget, you are the one who brought it up.....
it may be that a rifle and pistol are legal to own in your case but you wont be able to obtain a CPL cause DV is ground for a possible recurrence and no one wants you to be carrying a gun if it happens. No insult intended but think at it from someone else's viewpoint

Last edited: