• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dealing with NEWBIES

dizzle2

I have to say "I agree." Including racism, I am not going to say names but I have read something about nuking the Japanese quote"it wouldnt take an invation force to make the japs crap themselfs, just a couple of bombers with some tiny bombs that will make you glow in the dark,,,,"
Being half Japanese and having served our country for over 10 years and swore an oath to defend our constitution.. Then I run into a racist pig on our site. So many NON WHITE people have defended and died for this country. One of the greatest units in the Army was the 442nd INF . Who were Japanese. Fought the Germans while being prejudiced in the U.S. Died in Europe so an idiot can call racial remarks about a race.
One more thing...go back to school and learn some grammar.
lets make one thing clear about the 442nd Infantry. They weren't japanese, they were American! When the world stops looking at the color of eachothers skin is when there will be peace! Not japanese but Americans, fighting for American Freedom!

Last edited:

Leatherneck

Play some halo or modern warfare 2 on xbox live, and all this bickering will be nothing compared to all that crap.

Crack open a can of man. :D

Playing Halo... you're competing and attacking. On here we're supposed to be untied for a common purpose.
(I'm sure I didn't need to make that distinction :D)

Don't get me wrong. I don't want some warm & fuzzy, touchy-feely forum. Just some courtesy for those who come here looking for new information. Treat the new kids as if YOU were the one who referred them here.

Batousaii

When newbies come to the forum and within a month or so, begin behaving badly, calling others names and 'dishing it out'.....then what?
Then I fly over to their house with my LVL 70 warrior and berserk their ass...what were we talking about?
I'll bring my LvL 80 (5.3 gears score) Holy Paladin and heal, GoGo can tank, and we will need an OT and another Healer, and five more DPS beside GSX - everyone know this fight or should i explain it? Just remember, the newb might spawn some adds, and if he casts over charge on one them we need to burn em down fast or he will explode and we wipe .... er...uhh.. we talkin bout VoA-10 or the forum? ... My bad.

:dude:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
The newbie issue is a double edge sword sort of speak while many people that have answered the same questions many times and begin to tire of answering the same question time and time again.
While some newbies come just to find answers with out wanting to put forth any effort in searching or researching for their answer, as it was to be hand fed.

Both sides must take stock in their part, to have tolerance to help others and those willing to help themselves, it is not a one sided issue.

M1Gunr has setup a thread for Q & A which is a good read (several times) for all newbies and some oldies as well.
Maybe an expansion of this thread to address some of the more common questions, one being on how to search and research for information on the Rights to Carry and issues related to self defense.

dizzle2

The newbie issue is a double edge sword sort of speak while many people that have answered the same questions many times and begin to tire of answering the same question time and time again.
While some newbies come just to find answers with out wanting to put forth any effort in searching or researching for their answer, as it was to be hand fed.

Both sides must take stock in their part, to have tolerance to help others and those willing to help themselves, it is not a one sided issue.

M1Gunr has setup a thread for Q & A which is a good read (several times) for all newbies and some oldies as well.
Maybe an expansion of this thread to address some of the more common questions, one being on how to search and research for information on the Rights to Carry and issues related to self defense.
yup. now that i looked back through the threads, a lot of my questions have already been answered.

gsx1138

I'll bring my LvL 80 (5.3 gears score) Holy Paladin and heal, GoGo can tank, and we will need an OT and another Healer, and five more DPS beside GSX - everyone know this fight or should i explain it? Just remember, the newb might spawn some adds, and if he casts over charge on one them we need to burn em down fast or he will explode and we wipe .... er...uhh.. we talkin bout VoA-10 or the forum? ... My bad.

:dude:

I have a lvl 70 Priest but last I remember his healing DOT's were nerfed.

Sorry, I stopped playing before the level cap was raised again.

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

Surprisingly enough, my first post here was a thread asking for advice and I was supported very well and I don't think a single person came close to flaming me. I feel loved. =]

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Surprisingly enough, my first post here was a thread asking for advice and I was supported very well and I don't think a single person came close to flaming me. I feel loved. =]

Somebody must have slipped up that day. Who's turn was it to flame the newby that day? I don't have my old schedule with me so I can't check it.:D