• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EHOC in MD...

Dreamer

Unlike MSI's little "Empty Holster" protest in Annapolis earlier this year, I don't need to ask permission to exercise my 1A rights in MD. Unlike most of the other Articles of the Bill of Rights, the First Amendment is still actively in force, and recognized in Maryland for individuals. (But apparently, organizations need to get permits to exercise their 1A rights in MD...)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?74992-Open-holster-rally-_Annapolis-July-17

I've decided that from now on, any time I'm in MD visiting my family I will EHOC (Empty Holster Open Carry) for the entire duration of my visits.

On this trip, so far, I've EHOCd in Olney, Rockville, Columbia, and Bel Air. Before I escape from behind the "Crab Curtain" back into the Free Zones of VA and NC later this week, I plan to EHOC in Baltimore.

Needless to say, I won't be going to any Costco's. I may be politically outspoken, but I'm not suicidal...

Pray for my safety while in Baltimore.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Have you had any reactions while doing this so far? I very rarely travel to Maryland, but I should remember to try this just to see how it goes over. Also, what about DC? Do you have any idea if OC'ing an empty holster would get their panties in a twist? (I also avoid that garbage dump like the plague).

Dreamer

Haven't been to DC this trip, nor do I have plans to be. I try to avoid the District if I can, just on general principal. The only time I generally set foot into that particular "occupied territory" is to take friends or relatives on tourist jaunts, or to see the occasional show of rare or special art exhibits that appear at one of the big museums, which usually amounts to less than 3 visits per year, and those are all during daylight hours...

So far I haven't got any real reaction. I've had a few people look at me like they had no idea what planet I was from, but nobody has said a word...

My guess is that people probably think I'm an LEO (because in MD, LEOs are the only people who are supposed to be carrying...) and are afraid to even bring up the subject, for fear of meeting a similar reaction to what John J. McKenna received for dancing in the street.

Here in MD, folks generally don't ask to many questions. LEAs n MD have established a strong public perception of what the People can expect when they question the Status Quo, or dare to assert their rights through a concerted program of abuse, civil rights violation, brutality and official department coverups--and the People seem to have fallen for it hook, line and sinker...

Frankly, I wish people WOULD engage me. I've got a whole patter worked out for why I carry an empty holster in MD, and I'd like to spread the word in MD that although their 2A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A,9A and 10A rights may have been flushed down the proverbial toilet over the last 100 years, they DO still have 1A rights, and they NEED to exercise them...

And of course, in case I get accosted by an LEO, I have my voice recorder at the ready, and have committed the name of the Honorable Circuit Court Judge Emory A. Plitt Jr., and his delightful ruling in the Anthony Graber case (12-K-10-467, Harford County) to memory...

Last edited: