• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second deadly shooting in church

zack991

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — A church community haunted by the parking-lot shooting death of an 80-year-old member is mourning the killing of another elderly parishioner minutes after leaving church.

--"So much is going on, drug activity, immorality," said Shaw, 37. "Youngstown's going under."

Robert Edmonds, who lives four streets away from the latest shooting, blamed young thugs.

"These young boys between the age of 18 and 25 ... they want to be gangsters," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...WNn9beQ7DKz5LIMKjSzAD9IGFDV82?docId=D9IGFDV82

Reason why my respect for any fool that dresses like a thug, since I do security work I watch you even more. People who do horrible things like this makes wish vigilantism was legal. The political left that makes excuses for them makes my blood boil. I am all for bring back hangings and not these lethal injections. I would love to have these fools meet the real gangsters of the thirtys. People wounder why I HATE RAP MUSIC, it glorifies the disgusting excuse of a thugs lifestyle. What is sicking is people want to be just like that garbage that they claim is music. I holding back, I wish the worst things for those who did this.

Last edited:

zack991

Kind'a stretches the meaning of "in church" and "young boyz" of 18 and older.

As for the age thing you have grampa in Youngstown walking around as a gangster or pimp on a regular bases. These gangsters that give me issue because they donlt like rules or the fact I lock up their family for shootings, armed robbery, ect. That or they are just being causing problems, when they park in the handicap spot with no tag. They come out spending their welfare check to see the Escapade or Cadillac has been towed away and they get slapped with a 500 dollar fine. I deal with 90% of the trouble makers and the scum of Youngstown, they give me problems i hit their pocket book. I find it funny that the one site i work at does almost 80 percent in just welfare checks, yet most of all the vehicles I see are 30K and up. I have no problems turning these "poor" persons in for breaking the law and give them a 500 dollar fine.

Last edited:

HeroHog

As for the age thing you have grampa in Youngstown walking around as a gangster or pimp on a regular bases. These gangsters that give me issue because they donlt like rules or the fact I lock up their family for stealing, robbing, ect. That or they are just being causing problems, when they park in the handicap spot with no tag. They come out spending their welfare check to see the Escapade or Cadillac has been towed away and they get slapped with a 500 dollar fine. I deal with 90% of the trouble makers and the scum of Youngstown, they give me problems i hit their pocket book. I find it funny that the one site i work at does almost 80 percent in just welfare checks, yet most of all the vehicles I see are 30K and up. I have no problems turning these "poor" persons in for breaking the law and give them a 500 dollar fine.
You just rock on brother! Keep fighting the good fight.

since9

Campaign Veteran
From the article:

"We're working on a theory that it was misidentification," Foley said. "Common sense is going to tell you, why would you want to target a 75- and 74-year-old lady?"

No one could ever be that stupid with respect to a case of mistaken identity. My guess? Some young potential gang-member who refused their advances yet who is not yet on any LEO radar just had someone they knew eliminated as a "message" both to him/her as well as to the seriousness of the other members of the gang.

Regardless of the reason for church (or any other mass shootings), we had something similar happen here in Colorado Springs. The perp murdered four people in the parking lot before entering the service. Fortunately, a security guard nailed him before he could do any further damage.

I do attend church, and in various churches around town (I like variety). I also CC 100% of the time, always with the pastor's or elders' blessing, although usually after meeting with them beforehand to give them a chance to meet with me, first. I've been told "no way" on two occasions, and on two others have been informed they were dubious. I've never attended any of those four churches. It's both their right, and my respect for their rights. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the meantime, in those churches where I do CC, enjoy the sermons, the music, and the fact that, I hope and pray, my services with respect to carry will never, ever be needed. It's a rare enough even that it's likely this will be true. If the worst happens, however, I and the dozens, if not more, people who do CC at churches these days will respond appropriately.

Anyone who thinks this is somehow "anti-Christian" needs to read both Nehemiah (OT) and verse where Jesus tells his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword in defense of what's coming.

Old Grump

Good thing most churches don't approve of guns in on or near their premises or those poor misguided youth could get hurt. That would be awful. Survival of the fittest still works in the jungle or in our cities. The lambs are ensuring they are on the snack list for the wolves. I hope the good people find a safer church to worship at. Nothing in the bible says we believers in God must be willing victims. In fact we have a duty to defend oneself and others.