Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why we NEED mandatory training

This is why we NEED mandatory training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-eqM7HoYI

This will air on America's Funniest Videos on October 17.

Glad this one isn't carrying.....

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Now there's an irrefutable argument ...

... for something. Is the "we" you and your Anony Mouse in your pocket?
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-12-2010 at 12:39 PM.

I don't think that has anything to do with training. That has to do with a person who thinks that making fun of someone with a youtube video is more important than safety.

Banned
    How does this indicate that we need mandatory training? No where did I see anything that indicated that mandatory training is needed. Practice maybe, mandatory training never.

She was even careful to keep her finger off the trigger and use the safety. So much for mandatory training. Seems more like she even had enough common sense to know what to do.

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

Here is what mandatory training gets you. If it doesn't make a difference then there is no point to it. Take your mandatory training somewhere else.
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 10-12-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post

Here is what mandatory training gets you. If it doesn't make a difference then there is no point to it. Take your mandatory training somewhere else.
    +1

All the mandatory training in the world still cannot fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Veto The Tax View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-eqM7HoYI

This will air on America's Funniest Videos on October 17.

Glad this one isn't carrying.....
    She was shooting a 45ACP when she's not ready/able to shoot it. I'm sure she would do fine with a 9mm or .380, along with some more PRACTICE under someone who is willing to TEACH her proper TECHNIQUE.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

It didn't even look like she had ear protection on, nor proper eye protection, nor a hat.

FAIL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    It didn't even look like she had ear protection on, nor proper eye protection, nor a hat.

FAIL
    Do you wear all of those when you open carry?

Banned
    "Fight like you train!" Mandatory training with PPE and a permit hanging in the balance.

wish she wasnt wearing the red arrow. The person behind the camera should have corrected her hold of the gun on the second shot. I'm gonna assume it was just an unresponible solider who want to bring disgrace to the 32nd ID.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane28 View Post
    wish she wasnt wearing the red arrow. The person behind the camera should have corrected her hold of the gun on the second shot. I'm gonna assume it was just an unresponible solider who want to bring disgrace to the 32nd ID.
    Is paranoia setting in here?

No but im in the 32nd ID seeing this just made me upset

I was just going to dig that one up... what a dumbarse

Do you wear all of those when you open carry?
    No, was she open carrying going about her daily business? NO. She was "target" shooting or just shooting for fun. When doing such I do wear protective gear as I value my hearing, sight, and skin. Lord forbid I ever have to use my firearm in self defense then I'll be more concerned about my life than those other things, but that doesn't mean that I don't follow common sense when at the range.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    No, was she open carrying going about her daily business? NO. She was "target" shooting or just shooting for fun. When doing such I do wear protective gear as I value my hearing, sight, and skin. Lord forbid I ever have to use my firearm in self defense then I'll be more concerned about my life than those other things, but that doesn't mean that I don't follow common sense when at the range.
    I agree, but that doesn't warrant mandatory training either. Just sayin.

WTF? I NEVER said that mandatory training was required. I was merely pointing out that whoever put that firearm in her hands FAILED on many levels.

Founder's Club Member
    This is why we NEED mandatory training!

I wish folks were not so casual about rights.

Not every negative human experience or behavior needs government correction or prevention.

Government has already proven beyond the shadow of any doubt at all that it cannot be trusted to protect rights--its sole legitimate purpose.*

When we start calling for, allowing, or even tacitly assenting to mandatory training, we open the door to all sorts of government-manufactured problems. Too stiff requirements. Too expensive requirements. Too onerus requirements. Essentially we open another door to regulating the right to self-defense out of existence. There are plenty in government who would have no problem setting the bar so very high that few could or would invest the time and money into fulfilling the requirements. And, of course, all this has to have criminal sanctions to give it teeth.

Also, if there are mandatory training requirements, then there is justification to deny gun possession, carry, or use until the training requirements are fulfilled. Translation: Nobody who does not fulfill the requirements can possess, carry, or use the state-of-the-art in self-defense equipment.

*Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Not every negative human experience or behavior needs government correction or prevention.

Government has already proven beyond the shadow of any doubt at all that it cannot be trusted to protect rights--its sole legitimate purpose.*

When we start calling for, allowing, or even tacitly assenting to mandatory training, we open the door to all sorts of government-manufactured problems. Too stiff requirements. Too expensive requirements. Too onerus requirements. Essentially we open another door to regulating the right to self-defense out of existence. There are plenty in government who would have no problem setting the bar so very high that few could or would invest the time and money into fulfilling the requirements. And, of course, all this has to have criminal sanctions to give it teeth.

Also, if there are mandatory training requirements, then there is justification to deny gun possession, carry, or use until the training requirements are fulfilled. Translation: Nobody who does not fulfill the requirements can possess, carry, or use the state-of-the-art in self-defense equipment.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
    Well said.
    I can't see how manditory training in necessary. She kept the gun pointed in a safe direction and made sure the safety was on when not ready to be fired. Over all she was safe, inexperienced, but safe.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Well said.
    I can't see how manditory training in necessary. She kept the gun pointed in a safe direction and made sure the safety was on when not ready to be fired. Over all she was safe, inexperienced, but safe.
    Thank you for the compliment.

But, this is the point. If you let "necessary" become the standard, you open the door to government, special interests, etc., deciding whether a given regulation is necessary.

And, we all know how that works out. This is the very reason Patrick Henry, George Mason, and others lobbied so noisily and hard for a Bill of Rights. "These are things you are forbidden to violate even with your pretextual necessity." "Hands off, bucko!"

Just stick to this mantra: A right is a right is a right is a right! No infringing!

Banned
    But, this is the point. If you let "necessary" become the standard, you open the door to government, special interests, etc., deciding whether a given regulation is necessary.
    Beware the evil paradigm of consideration, expectation, becomes requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    She was shooting a 45ACP when she's not ready/able to shoot it. I'm sure she would do fine with a 9mm or .380, along with some more PRACTICE under someone who is willing to TEACH her proper TECHNIQUE.
    I AGREE ! She was not ready to be Handleing any Fire Arm at all. I don't find this Funny in the least BIT.. An I am a Strong Supporter of Mandatory Training of ANY ONE Who Wishes to Carry a Side Arm, [ as well as a RIFLE ].

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Now there's an irrefutable argument ...

... for something. Is the "we" you and your Anony Mouse in your pocket?
    Exactly.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    +1

All the mandatory training in the world still cannot fix stupid.
    You got that right!

Exactly right.

Thank you for the compliment.

And, we all know how that works out. This is the very reason Patrick Henry, George Mason, and others lobbied so noisily and hard for a Bill of Rights. "These are things you are forbidden to violate even with your pretextual necessity." "Hands off, bucko!"

Just stick to this mantra: A right is a right is a right is a right! No infringing!
    Shall not be infringed. This is important because this government nanny system is so inured in our population that even those who would stand for their rights advocate some level of government protection. As far as I am concerned, Government protection is like a condom with holes in it.

Beware the evil paradigm of consideration, expectation, becomes requirement.
    Little by little and then it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post
    I AGREE ! She was not ready to be Handleing any Fire Arm at all. I don't find this Funny in the least BIT.. An I am a Strong Supporter of Mandatory Training of ANY ONE Who Wishes to Carry a Side Arm, [ as well as a RIFLE ].
    I am shaking my head. Keep these people in mind. Not one clue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I am shaking my head. Keep these people in mind. Not one clue.
    But we have to tolerate them. Kind'a like being a guest in a home where the dog is allowed to beg at dinner, a little sleazy, a little embarrassing, but you can't say anything for fear of insulting the host.

But we have to tolerate them. Kind'a like being a guest in a home where the dog is allowed to beg at dinner, a little sleazy, a little embarrassing, but you can't say anything for fear of insulting the host.
    Love that analogy Doug! Maybe one of my all time favorites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast