Thread: Holster for Glock 17?

Holster for Glock 17?

Hello,

I OC in WI fairly often and am taking a week vacation in TX. I'm thinking about concealed carry while I'm there but have never carried concealed before. I realize a Glock 17 isn't the weapon of choice when concealed but it's what I have. Does anyone have an experiences of 1) Where on the body to conceal carry (I'm about 6 foot and 165lbs) a G17 and 2) Holster recommendations.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

PM sent....

Quote Originally Posted by menomonieman View Post
    Hello,

I OC in WI fairly often and am taking a week vacation in TX. I'm thinking about concealed carry while I'm there but have never carried concealed before. I realize a Glock 17 isn't the weapon of choice when concealed but it's what I have. Does anyone have an experiences of 1) Where on the body to conceal carry (I'm about 6 foot and 165lbs) a G17 and 2) Holster recommendations.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
    I have a G22 (same size as G17) and I use a Crossbreed Supertuck worn at 3:30 just behind my hip with maximum forward cant to keep the grip from sticking out. You need a good gunbelt to hold the rig

I use a belt from The Beltman

other IWB holsters

MTAC
    Tucker The Answer

These are called Tuckable because you can tuck your shirt in or wear it out.

Since this is OCDO I'm going to stop giving advice on CC!

Crossbreed Supertuck Delux

Get the combat cut and horse hide.

Get a Serpa and take your vacation in a state that respects your RKBA. There is no reason to spend your money supporting a state that doesn't allow OC.

If we all universally boycotted non-OC states, they might get the message, especially if we send copies of our vacation receipts to the state AG and Chambers of Commerce with letters explaining why they lost your vacation business...

I visit MD almost every other month, to see my family, but I always refuel in VA, and do all my shopping before I leave NC, or go down to VA when I'm up there. Is this extreme? Sure...

But sometimes, desperate situations (like MD's firearms laws) call for extreme measures (like driving an hour to buy groceries of gasoline).

MD gets NOT ONE PENNY of sales tax or even economic support for their businesses from me, until they restore the FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT of self-defense to ALL law-abiding citizens...

Same goes for TX, IL, NJ, NY, SC, FL, etc...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 10-17-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

x3 on the Crossbreed Supertuck. But make sure you look into the Comp-Tac Mtac holsters as well.

One tip if you go with anything like those, stay away from the over-under clips that actually go under your belt. The weight of a firearm tends to push downward and those clips may roll the top of the waist band of whatever you wear.

I suggest the over the top clips or the V-clips (velcro w/ velcro on the inside of the belt).

Look at Tucker Leather The Answer. Leather lined Kydex. Beautiful craftsmanship.Grreat CS as well