• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for Glock 17?

menomonieman

Hello,

I OC in WI fairly often and am taking a week vacation in TX. I'm thinking about concealed carry while I'm there but have never carried concealed before. I realize a Glock 17 isn't the weapon of choice when concealed but it's what I have. Does anyone have an experiences of 1) Where on the body to conceal carry (I'm about 6 foot and 165lbs) a G17 and 2) Holster recommendations.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

swinokur

Activist Member
Hello,

I OC in WI fairly often and am taking a week vacation in TX. I'm thinking about concealed carry while I'm there but have never carried concealed before. I realize a Glock 17 isn't the weapon of choice when concealed but it's what I have. Does anyone have an experiences of 1) Where on the body to conceal carry (I'm about 6 foot and 165lbs) a G17 and 2) Holster recommendations.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

I have a G22 (same size as G17) and I use a Crossbreed Supertuck worn at 3:30 just behind my hip with maximum forward cant to keep the grip from sticking out. You need a good gunbelt to hold the rig

I use a belt from The Beltman

other IWB holsters

MTAC
Tucker The Answer

These are called Tuckable because you can tuck your shirt in or wear it out.

Since this is OCDO I'm going to stop giving advice on CC!

Dreamer

Get a Serpa and take your vacation in a state that respects your RKBA. There is no reason to spend your money supporting a state that doesn't allow OC.

If we all universally boycotted non-OC states, they might get the message, especially if we send copies of our vacation receipts to the state AG and Chambers of Commerce with letters explaining why they lost your vacation business...

I visit MD almost every other month, to see my family, but I always refuel in VA, and do all my shopping before I leave NC, or go down to VA when I'm up there. Is this extreme? Sure...

But sometimes, desperate situations (like MD's firearms laws) call for extreme measures (like driving an hour to buy groceries of gasoline).

MD gets NOT ONE PENNY of sales tax or even economic support for their businesses from me, until they restore the FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT of self-defense to ALL law-abiding citizens...

Same goes for TX, IL, NJ, NY, SC, FL, etc...

Last edited:

heresyourdipstickjimmy

x3 on the Crossbreed Supertuck. But make sure you look into the Comp-Tac Mtac holsters as well.

One tip if you go with anything like those, stay away from the over-under clips that actually go under your belt. The weight of a firearm tends to push downward and those clips may roll the top of the waist band of whatever you wear.

I suggest the over the top clips or the V-clips (velcro w/ velcro on the inside of the belt).