Thread: How would Peruta effect non-residents CA CCW?

How would Peruta effect non-residents CA CCW?

I've been following the Peruta case and since half of my family lives in SD county I began to wonder. I live in TX but my wife and I visit for several weeks each year. If self defense is deemed "good cause" would "part time" residents be effected and what qualifies as "part time"? Would be nice to be able to get at least the 90 day CCW when we vacation. Thanks!
    Last edited by jecsd1; 10-12-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jecsd1 View Post
    I've been following the Peruta case and since half of my family lives in SD county I began to wonder. I live in TX but my wife and I visit for several weeks each year. If self defense is deemed "good cause" would "part time" residents be effected and what qualifies as "part time"? Would be nice to be able to get at least the 90 day CCW when we vacation. Thanks!
    Right now, everything is up in the air on CCW's. I would expect that every obstacle will be thrown up in the path we are on. One only has to look at DC and Chicago to see what can happen.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

You want to be watching this 9th Circuit case for non res. issues.
    Last edited by cato; 10-12-2010 at 07:52 PM.

excellent info as always. Thanks!