• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How would Peruta effect non-residents CA CCW?

jecsd1

I've been following the Peruta case and since half of my family lives in SD county I began to wonder. I live in TX but my wife and I visit for several weeks each year. If self defense is deemed "good cause" would "part time" residents be effected and what qualifies as "part time"? Would be nice to be able to get at least the 90 day CCW when we vacation. Thanks!

Last edited:

Gundude

I've been following the Peruta case and since half of my family lives in SD county I began to wonder. I live in TX but my wife and I visit for several weeks each year. If self defense is deemed "good cause" would "part time" residents be effected and what qualifies as "part time"? Would be nice to be able to get at least the 90 day CCW when we vacation. Thanks!

Right now, everything is up in the air on CCW's. I would expect that every obstacle will be thrown up in the path we are on. One only has to look at DC and Chicago to see what can happen.