• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is all of downtown OK to carry?

Passive101

Thinking about Pot Bellies, but down the street is a school. Anyone know if Pot Bellies is OC friendly and if it is legal? It is next to Caribou Coffee.

protias

Carry wherever you please, just watch out for those criminal enhancing zones. No idea if Pot Bellies is okay to carry, but I'd just go and do my normal business unless they have a sign or ask you to leave. I think Caribou Coffee is against the 2A, but not sure.

Terkeytoes

Carry wherever you please, just watch out for those criminal enhancing zones. No idea if Pot Bellies is okay to carry, but I'd just go and do my normal business unless they have a sign or ask you to leave. I think Caribou Coffee is against the 2A, but not sure.

What is meant by against the 2A? Am I right in believing this is a statute or exemption you are quoting?

protias

What is meant by against the 2A? Am I right in believing this is a statute or exemption you are quoting?
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe they have a policy that prohibits people from exercising their 2A rights while in their businesses.

Spartacus

Banned

What he means to say STUFF REMOVED FOR THE USUAL REASON is that individual businesses have the right to exclude you from entering the premises and conducting business if you are OCing.

Even if there is no sign on the door if the counter person or floor sweeper tells you that you are not welcome, leave immediately. report back here and maybe someone will instigate a letter writing campaign or some other action but realize that it is up to the owner to accept your presence or not.

Passive101

I'm gonna ask a dumb question. Downtown where?

I was on my phone and thought I entered the city. That was my fault. Lake Geneva.

We did not carry in Holihans where we ate, but carried while window shopping, and by the lake and pier. We had no police interaction.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Houlihans serves liquor so you would need permission from the manager to carry in there. As for Pot Bellies and Caribou, as long as it isn't posted and doesn't serve alcohol it should be OK to go in but as Spartacus said, if you are asked to leave, get the person's name and do so immediately then report here so appropriate research/pressure can be brought to bear.

lockman

State Researcher
Oc in Lake Geneva at the fair and water show. One man shouted out "hey open carry" and got my attention. We had a 10 minute conversation about WI law and was a great friendly encounter. Now to disarm to eat at Popeyes.