• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saturday 10/16 Coffee 10am Downtown Seattle!

Deleted_User

I'm going to work in the morning but will be available around 1:00

OK. I am much shorter on finances than I thought. If anyone wants to meet and greet, I'm there but I'll be cutting out the Starbuck's runs for a while. hehe. It seems coffee is esspen sieve. Umm, I'll be available next week though.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Some sights from the day...

PikesPlaceOCDO.jpg

JimBealPikesPlaceMarket.jpg

BillPier62andillegalsign.jpg

DEROS72

We had a really good uneventful morning.Had several very positive contacts with folks asking questions and passed out a few pamphlets.I bet most folks didn't even notice.People do know who open carry is.We went into the military surplus store and one of the clerks regognized me from the KIRO news report on our Spanaway Starbucks rally.Very good day .

I was going to go like this but the guys made me change....It might have attracted attention.Really need to loose the Terry tactical image.We are not trying to get noticed.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Care to elaborate?

We were waiting to cross at the crosswalk when a Port of Seattle(POS) officer did a double take then parked his vehicle near where I happened to be parked. We crossed and got into the vehicle, I started it and was ready to pull away when he stepped in front of it and called in my plate on his hand mic attached to his lapel.
He then walked to the passenger window and which time Jarhead rolled it down and gave him a greeting. He told us we were under no obligation to talk to him but Jarhead engaged him anyway and filled him in on our days activities downtown. During this another POS vehicle parked across the street from us, used the crosswalk and came up behind my truck along the drivers side. While doing this he was looking in all the windows. When he got to my window he motioned for me to lower it. I then asked if we were free to leave and we were told yes. I started the truck and drove off.

DEROS72

Nick and I were a couple blocks south and Bill called and told me what happened and that the cops were aware there were more of us .So as we get to the intersection the 2 cops stood across the street and watch us as we went by.
I told Nick lets make a run for it but he didn't think that was a good idea.

Squeak

Nick and I were a couple blocks south and Bill called and told me what happened and that the cops were aware there were more of us .So as we get to the intersection the 2 cops stood across the street and watch us as we went by.
I told Nick lets make a run for it but he didn't think that was a good idea.
Run for it? In an old Ford? Yer joking, right?:lol: I was standing next to a ticket machine in the ferry terminal waiting for my wife, when this guy lunged at the machine (he and his buddy were squirreling around)but I thought he was after me. He was on my strong side is why I suddenly reacted. I threw my right arm up, blocking him. His buddy told him he was close to loosing an arm. He asked,'what's the matter with you!' I showed him my weapon and told him he was in my space. He then said that me being that jumpy I shouldn't carry a gun. I looked him in the eye and told him that was the stupidest thing he could have said. "Who are you?" he asked. I said, 'the question is',"Who are YOU?" I turned and walked away. The End. Copies of this are available through the home page for $5.95 plus shipping and handling.

jsanchez

You guys had all the fun. I walked up to 3rd and pike, and waited 10 minutes for a bus. All the creepy black drug dealers and criminals hanging out at the bus stop, gave me the stink eye, and I gave them my freddy cruger smile, sometime its great being ugly. Next thing I know they all left and I've got all these womam standing around me. Why didn't I learn about open carry when I was single and dating. Answered some questions from passer bys and on the bus, but no run ins with the man.

DEROS72

I know Squeak we would have barely got away in that portable scrap heap Nick drives..(;0)

Actually that car hauls the mail pretty sleek ride.

As for those 2 guys could it have been your outfit today that caused the encounter???You were lookin pretty darn sexy in that.

Last edited:

mtlhdtodd

I know Squeak we would have barely got away in that portable scrap heap Nick drives..(;0)

Actually that car hauls the mail pretty sleek ride.

As for those 2 guys could it have been your outfit today that caused the encounter???You were lookin pretty darn sexy in that.

For posting that pic and because it will take all day (and some beer tonight) to dislodge :banghead::banghead::banghead: it from my brain, Deros should have his head shaved for the winter. :shocker::shocker:

Squeak

For posting that pic and because it will take all day (and some beer tonight) to dislodge :banghead::banghead::banghead: it from my brain, Deros should have his head shaved for the winter. :shocker::shocker:
Whoa............If you don't like the picture of me, just say so.:banana: