Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry BBQ in Elgin, Tx

Open Carry BBQ in Elgin, Tx

Just post whether you plan make it or not. I don't have an exact date, but it will be on a Saturday. Maybe 3-4 weeks. How about Saturday before Thanksgiving?
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it, though we'll see. My boss seems to be psychic and always schedules me to work on that one day that I have plans.

I am just curious, but how do you have an OC BBQ in a state that doesn't allow OC? Do you hold it on Private Property? BTW, I really hope you guys get OC soon; my daughter will be attending college in Texas next year, and I really don't wanna have to conceal carry when I go to visit her.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Cool

Sounds perfect to me. I will be there.

OK, the date is Dec,4. That's the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend. What time? 10AM to get started? Eat around 1:00 PM?

No alcoholic beverages before or during. After you leave you can be as wreckless as you want.

All guns stay holstered. There will be an area set aside for showing off your favorite piece. Weapon must be cleared before handling. Bring extra guns if you like, you know, just to show 'em off.

Bad language should be kept to a minimum. My mouth can be as bad as the next guys, so let me know if I get out of your comfort zone.

Everyone that intends to come needs to PM me. The PM should include the number of people in your group and how many adults and children.

C'mon guys. There are a lot more TGT guys coming. MR Redneck from TGT is supplying the molasses cooked brisket. I'll supply everything else unless you have something special you want to bring. Anybody want chicken? Hotdogs for the kids? I'm taking care of the sausage. My wife is doing the potato salad. SHHH...she doesn't know yet. See ya there...or here...or whatever...you know what I mean.
    Will Rogers

I am marking my calender as we speak. Thanks Rodbender.

Sounds delicious! But Elgin, TX is a little far for a BBQ for me here in Elgin, IL.

One thing in common though, open carry is denied in Elgin whether in TX or IL.

Hey Rod, feel free to post your meet over on the Texas Gun Owner.com site. We have a few guys that live in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by DCortez View Post
    Hey Rod, feel free to post your meet over on the Texas Gun Owner.com site. We have a few guys that live in the neighborhood.
    Would you mind doing it for me? I'm on too many foruns now and don't particularly want to do any more.
    Will Rogers

I was at last year's, and I would go again this year, but I have a tactical carbine match that day.

Me and my wife will most likely be there.

btw im Atx_Ryda on TGT

I've decided to forego the carbine match and just go to the BBQ. I'll be bringing a number of firearms for fondling.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    I've decided to forego the carbine match and just go to the BBQ. I'll be bringing a number of firearms for fondling.
    Cool, but then I need more tables.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Sounds delicious! But Elgin, TX is a little far for a BBQ for me here in Elgin, IL.

One thing in common though, open carry is denied in Elgin whether in TX or IL.
    Shouldn't be that far. Isn't Illinios in the northern part of Texas?
    Will Rogers

Moderator / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Just post whether you plan make it or not. I don't have an exact date, but it will be on a Saturday. Maybe 3-4 weeks. How about Saturday before Thanksgiving?
    Open carry is unlawful in Texas on property you do not control - so why are you holding an illegal event?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Open carry is unlawful in Texas on property you do not control - so why are you holding an illegal event?
    The sheriff is in my pocket, OK?
    Will Rogers

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    The sheriff is in my pocket, OK?
    He/she must be very small, or you have big pockets.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Cool, but then I need more tables.
    I can bring my own table.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    0) You're in Virginia, what you you care?

1) We announced one here - and pulled it off - last year, and nobody was arrested or hurt. Debra Medina even showed up "illegally" wearing a (borrowed?) wheel gun on her hip (although I don't rightly recall if any of her posse was).

2) It shouldn't matter even from a moderator's standpoint, because he's not associating the OCDO name in any way with the event. Besides, nobody minded last year.

There was between 10 and 20 people at the last one, and besides being a bit cold, it was a good event.

Wish I could go. I loves me some BBQ and good company.

0) You're in Virginia, what you you care?

1) We announced one here - and pulled it off - last year, and nobody was arrested or hurt. Debra Medina even showed up "illegally" wearing a (borrowed?) wheel gun on her hip (although I don't rightly recall if any of her posse was).

2) It shouldn't matter even from a moderator's standpoint, because he's not associating the OCDO name in any way with the event. Besides, nobody minded last year.

There was between 10 and 20 people at the last one, and besides being a bit cold, it was a good event.
    I support both open carry and civil disobedience-btw I too am interested in exactly how this is going to work-is it on private property?

However, regarding number 2, see forum rules.

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

I'll definitely attend. With luck I might bring a friend or two and get him involved in the OC movement in Texas, if that is fine with you, Rodbender.

Edit: @Sultan, IIRC, he will have a little designated for firing. Since he lives in the country, he can do this. That would possibly make it fully legal. However, I could totally talking out of my ass right now. lol *shrugs*
    Last edited by Jack House; 11-06-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    I support both open carry and civil disobedience-btw I too am interested in exactly how this is going to work-is it on private property?

However, regarding number 2, see forum rules.
    Yes, it's on private property, and essentially out in the middle of nowhere. Somebody brought a belt-fed machine gun last year and propped it up on the table last year. Like last year, I'm sure there will be an area designated for un-holstering, but I don't think anyone took advantage of that last year.

It's not like we're going to go parading around the streets showing off our guns, or waving them around firing shots into the air. We all just sat around shooting the sh*t and laughing at the sheeple that were afraid to show up.

After all, Debra Medina showed up at the last one, and she was packin' a wheel gun. I'm sure she wouldn't have done anything illegal that would jeopardize her chances at being elected.

IMHO, everyone is fretting over a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'll definitely attend. With luck I might bring a friend or two and get him involved in the OC movement in Texas, if that is fine with you, Rodbender.

Edit: @Sultan, IIRC, he will have a little designated for firing. Since he lives in the country, he can do this. That would possibly make it fully legal. However, I could totally talking out of my ass right now. lol *shrugs*
    He's in the country, but unless he's made big changes to his property (or moved to a bigger plot of land), I don't think he'll have an area for shooting. He's to close to his neighbors.

He's in the country, but unless he's made big changes to his property (or moved to a bigger plot of land), I don't think he'll have an area for shooting. He's to close to his neighbors.
    Then I guess I was talking out of my ass. Must have confused a suggesting with a "this is what happened last time" over on TGT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast