• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry BBQ in Elgin, Tx

rodbender

Just post whether you plan make it or not. I don't have an exact date, but it will be on a Saturday. Maybe 3-4 weeks. How about Saturday before Thanksgiving?

Jack House

Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it, though we'll see. My boss seems to be psychic and always schedules me to work on that one day that I have plans. :lol:

MatieA

I am just curious, but how do you have an OC BBQ in a state that doesn't allow OC? Do you hold it on Private Property? BTW, I really hope you guys get OC soon; my daughter will be attending college in Texas next year, and I really don't wanna have to conceal carry when I go to visit her. :)

rodbender

OK, the date is Dec,4. That's the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend. What time? 10AM to get started? Eat around 1:00 PM?

No alcoholic beverages before or during. After you leave you can be as wreckless as you want.

All guns stay holstered. There will be an area set aside for showing off your favorite piece. Weapon must be cleared before handling. Bring extra guns if you like, you know, just to show 'em off.

Bad language should be kept to a minimum. My mouth can be as bad as the next guys, so let me know if I get out of your comfort zone.

Everyone that intends to come needs to PM me. The PM should include the number of people in your group and how many adults and children.

C'mon guys. There are a lot more TGT guys coming. MR Redneck from TGT is supplying the molasses cooked brisket. I'll supply everything else unless you have something special you want to bring. Anybody want chicken? Hotdogs for the kids? I'm taking care of the sausage. My wife is doing the potato salad. SHHH...she doesn't know yet. See ya there...or here...or whatever...you know what I mean.

lockman

State Researcher
Sounds delicious! But Elgin, TX is a little far for a BBQ for me here in Elgin, IL.

One thing in common though, open carry is denied in Elgin whether in TX or IL.

jsimmons

Open carry is unlawful in Texas on property you do not control - so why are you holding an illegal event?

0) You're in Virginia, what you you care?

1) We announced one here - and pulled it off - last year, and nobody was arrested or hurt. Debra Medina even showed up "illegally" wearing a (borrowed?) wheel gun on her hip (although I don't rightly recall if any of her posse was).

2) It shouldn't matter even from a moderator's standpoint, because he's not associating the OCDO name in any way with the event. Besides, nobody minded last year.

There was between 10 and 20 people at the last one, and besides being a bit cold, it was a good event.