Thread: New Gun Shop Across from School Causes Concern WSAW.com Video and comments

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

New Gun Shop Across from School Causes Concern WSAW.com Video and comments

http://www.wsaw.com/news/headlines/N...4.html?ref=424

Quote Originally Posted by EXCERPT
    A new Wisconsin gun shop is causing controversy because it's opening its doors directly across the street from an elementary school. Parents whose children attend the school have mixed reaction.

If there was a problem ATF would not issue a FFL for the address !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

There seems to be that mentality again that gun's just go off and start killing people all on their own for no reason again. Clearly children will be put at risk because gun's will begin to hover around the gun store eagerly awaiting for school to release.

"I really don't really agree with guns at all. But I guess there are people who like guns or use them. I don't feel they are very good," said a mom.

It makes me cringe every single time I see or hear someone quoted saying something like this. Anything that is at all loosely tied to the thought that we don't need protection, she's probably counting on police to take care of any situation before it results in death of severe injury. And 9 times out of 10 it seems you can take that same general idea and basically apply it to "I don't need to X because the government will take care of it".

I read about and watch shows regarding how far reaching the government in the U.K. is today, and watch citizens being interviewed and most of the time if you get a slight inkling of disapproval from an ordinary citizen - it's immediately followed up by some justification for why whatever government program/system/requirement is in place that's in question. It REALLY make me wonder how much further down the rabbit hole places like the U.K. will continue to spin, and what the public will think about it if they continue to allow it to happen.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Not sure about the "Locked container" language though.

Other than that, here is an ATF letter concerning; in part, an FFL within a school zone.
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...f-p-5310-1.pdf
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 10-13-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

McX
    gun store in a school zone? works for me, probably the only legally purchased and sold firearms in the whole damn area.

Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    There seems to be that mentality again that gun's just go off and start killing people all on their own for no reason again. Clearly children will be put at risk because gun's will begin to hover around the gun store eagerly awaiting for school to release.

"I really don't really agree with guns at all. But I guess there are people who like guns or use them. I don't feel they are very good," said a mom.

It makes me cringe every single time I see or hear someone quoted saying something like this. Anything that is at all loosely tied to the thought that we don't need protection, she's probably counting on police to take care of any situation before it results in death of severe injury. And 9 times out of 10 it seems you can take that same general idea and basically apply it to "I don't need to X because the government will take care of it".

I read about and watch shows regarding how far reaching the government in the U.K. is today, and watch citizens being interviewed and most of the time if you get a slight inkling of disapproval from an ordinary citizen - it's immediately followed up by some justification for why whatever government program/system/requirement is in place that's in question. It REALLY make me wonder how much further down the rabbit hole places like the U.K. will continue to spin, and what the public will think about it if they continue to allow it to happen.
    She probably doesn't feel safe around police either.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    She probably doesn't feel safe around police either.

i don't.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i don't.
    I'll agree with you there.
    Last edited by protias; 10-13-2010 at 11:59 AM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    That's my old grade School, I did time there..

If I remenber right, there is only street parking there.

""I really don't really agree with guns at all. But I guess there are people who like guns or use them. I don't feel they are very good," said a mom."

Said mom then went home where a home invader busted through the door and tied her and her children up. After robbing, beating them with bats and leaving them for dead one of her children got out of the ropes and dialed the police. Later at the hospital as she was pumped full of tubes and drugs and facing months of rehab and medical bills she contemplated how right she was about those scary guns. If the criminals would of had one of those scary guns, they could be dead!

That is exactly how liberal soccer moms think - can't see the forest through the damn trees.

"I really don't really agree with guns at all... I don't feel they are very good"

This woman is disagreeing with an inanimate object, & trying to judge its (non)behaviour as good or bad? I think she needs psychiatric help.

http://psyweb.com/Glossary/delusion.jsp
    "Delusions are false beliefs that are deeply entrenched and clearly not based in reality... Persons cling to these beliefs even after the beliefs are shown to be false."

Things like "guns harm people" or "if there are fewer guns there will be less crime".
    Last edited by MKEgal; 10-17-2010 at 07:25 PM.