• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Shop Across from School Causes Concern WSAW.com Video and comments

msteinhilber

There seems to be that mentality again that gun's just go off and start killing people all on their own for no reason again. Clearly children will be put at risk because gun's will begin to hover around the gun store eagerly awaiting for school to release.

"I really don't really agree with guns at all. But I guess there are people who like guns or use them. I don't feel they are very good," said a mom.

It makes me cringe every single time I see or hear someone quoted saying something like this. Anything that is at all loosely tied to the thought that we don't need protection, she's probably counting on police to take care of any situation before it results in death of severe injury. And 9 times out of 10 it seems you can take that same general idea and basically apply it to "I don't need to X because the government will take care of it".

I read about and watch shows regarding how far reaching the government in the U.K. is today, and watch citizens being interviewed and most of the time if you get a slight inkling of disapproval from an ordinary citizen - it's immediately followed up by some justification for why whatever government program/system/requirement is in place that's in question. It REALLY make me wonder how much further down the rabbit hole places like the U.K. will continue to spin, and what the public will think about it if they continue to allow it to happen.

M

McX

gun store in a school zone? works for me, probably the only legally purchased and sold firearms in the whole damn area.

protias

There seems to be that mentality again that gun's just go off and start killing people all on their own for no reason again. Clearly children will be put at risk because gun's will begin to hover around the gun store eagerly awaiting for school to release.

"I really don't really agree with guns at all. But I guess there are people who like guns or use them. I don't feel they are very good," said a mom.

It makes me cringe every single time I see or hear someone quoted saying something like this. Anything that is at all loosely tied to the thought that we don't need protection, she's probably counting on police to take care of any situation before it results in death of severe injury. And 9 times out of 10 it seems you can take that same general idea and basically apply it to "I don't need to X because the government will take care of it".

I read about and watch shows regarding how far reaching the government in the U.K. is today, and watch citizens being interviewed and most of the time if you get a slight inkling of disapproval from an ordinary citizen - it's immediately followed up by some justification for why whatever government program/system/requirement is in place that's in question. It REALLY make me wonder how much further down the rabbit hole places like the U.K. will continue to spin, and what the public will think about it if they continue to allow it to happen.

She probably doesn't feel safe around police either. :p

anmut

""I really don't really agree with guns at all. But I guess there are people who like guns or use them. I don't feel they are very good," said a mom."

Said mom then went home where a home invader busted through the door and tied her and her children up. After robbing, beating them with bats and leaving them for dead one of her children got out of the ropes and dialed the police. Later at the hospital as she was pumped full of tubes and drugs and facing months of rehab and medical bills she contemplated how right she was about those scary guns. If the criminals would of had one of those scary guns, they could be dead!

That is exactly how liberal soccer moms think - can't see the forest through the damn trees.

MKEgal

"I really don't really agree with guns at all... I don't feel they are very good"

This woman is disagreeing with an inanimate object, & trying to judge its (non)behaviour as good or bad? I think she needs psychiatric help.

http://psyweb.com/Glossary/delusion.jsp
"Delusions are false beliefs that are deeply entrenched and clearly not based in reality... Persons cling to these beliefs even after the beliefs are shown to be false."

Things like "guns harm people" or "if there are fewer guns there will be less crime".

Last edited: