• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife thinks i have a problem

M

McX

i will modify my statement, once i have retreated to a place of solid cover, bulett stopping kind of cover, i would indeed lurk there, and wait for a possible approach of a heavily armed combatant, siezing an opportunity to drill his ass like a kuwaiti oil field, but i would definitely not engage him in an open setting, again my survival cancells out all other programming. all i would probably have is my disruptor, and one loaded magazine- that does not a hero make.

farkles

Yah its called private property law and applies to hospitals or any other businesses such as you mentioned that disallow firearms.

Push your way into a place that doesn't want you and be arrested for criminal trespass...

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
+1
Never bring a pistol to a long gun fight. Only use it if absolutely necessary to aid in fleeing to the safest location to hole up with a long gun. :D

Quite the opposite! Always bring a pistol to a long gun fight. It's your back up and in close quarters or tight places, your more maneuverable primary weapon. Same is true of a knife.

MKEgal

I also think there may only be one time in a man's life when it is imperative that he looks down and simply says, "Yes, dear". And giving birth is that one time.

You are a Very Wise Man. Or woman, as the case may be. :D

I tell my clients that they are the queen, and it's our job to keep them as happy & comfortable as possible while they do their job (getting the baby out). One of these days I'll actually show up to a birth with a tiara to crown her, at least temporarily.

During labor, nothing else matters but her. Nothing. If you happen to fall asleep, & she wants you, rise with a smile & go to her and tell her how beautiful she looks right then. Especially if she's looking a little haggard... that's when she needs to hear it most.

I think the compromise Shane & his lady worked out would have worked for them if sis hadn't been such a... um... well, I don't think I'm allowed to say things like that here. Probably shouldn't say them anyway (seeing as how I try to keep up appearances of being a polite person) ;) but I'll think 'em loudly in her direction.

Yeah, it does seem a bit uneven to go out with the guys unarmed, but want it at the hospital. Life isn't fair, and there are several reasons (already well stated) for the apparent discrepancy.

Umm....a pistol more maneuverable? No offense but have you ever cleared a building? It may seem easier, but it really isn't. Your accuracy and stopping power are extremely low. Nothing is better than something like an M4.

I know what you are saying, but no one clears spaces that small!!! I personally have never seen a room that small. The only place I can think of that a pistol would be better would be a tunnel like the VC dug during Nam.

Shane28

Quite the opposite! Always bring a pistol to a long gun fight. It's your back up and in close quarters or tight places, your more maneuverable primary weapon. Same is true of a knife.

The reason to bring a handgun to a long gun fight is not for maneuverability. I believe it would be for the purpose of a weapon malfunction. That way if your primary long gun goes down it will be faster to transition to your handgun until you are in a safe enough place to take care of malfunction. An M-4 is very maneuverable It is an SBR (short barrel rifle) the M-4 barrel is only 14.5" long. and varies between 29.8" and 33" over all length because of the collapsable stock. As far as close range goes an M-4 is zeroed at 25 meters due to the flight path of the bullet it also crosses the same plane at 300meters. I would also perfer an M-4 over a handgun any day in a survival situation.

The only place i could see a pratical use of a handgun as a primary weapon over a long gun would be close range in a vechile. (shotgun beat me to it as i was editing my post by one minute)

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I know what you are saying, but no one clears spaces that small!!! I personally have never seen a room that small. The only place I can think of that a pistol would be better would be a tunnel like the VC dug during Nam.

You seem to be hung up with the notion that clearing a room is the only activity or circumstance in which you'll find yourself. Can't find a phone booth? Try while sitting behind the wheel of your car then.

Also, think of an opponent who is within arm's reach of you.

Have I ever cleared a building? Not within the past two days... but three days ago, yes.

Shane28

Arms reach i would just jab barrel into them and pull trigger pretty efficetive. but if i was carrying an M-4 and got in to this situation I would be mad because my situational awerness would be really shitty. Due to violence of action and moving as an assulting force i should never get that close to an enemy combatant.

Last edited: