• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From OCDO-LA, 'OC Louisiana lawyer killed by Ark. Deputy', "this one stinks."

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

J.Gleason

Banned
Doug, you forgot to mention that the perp made threats and pointed his guns at deputies.

A small detail in your world though.

Oh so because the police said the guy made threats and pointed his weapons at them then it is the truth?

Again, you are forgetting this story.
http://standupamericaus.com/legally-...lt-first:38508

Seems the cops said the same thing here too, although there have been many witnesses who have come forward and given statements that the police are lying. Gee who would have thought that the police would ever lie?

protias

A couple of good books to get that were recommended to me are:

Both by Robert Davis

Cop Out
Legal Minds - Detecting Rogue Police Officers and Other Important Law Enforcement Issues

B

bhancock

My neighbor recently had a police raid on his home because of an anonymous report of underage drinking. The officers gained access to the house by threatening his wife with an $860 something fine for starters and then badgering her relentlessly. After telling the officers that the kids were in the basement, one of the officers headed directly upstairs and entered the bedroom where he was sleeping and shined a flashlight directly in his eyes. If that were in my home and the same situation happened I would likely be pointing a firearm directly at the officer and I don't feel I would be wrong in doing so. Even if he had identified himself as a police officer, the likelihood of me believing him without proof would be very low, and there is good chance I would be shot for taking what I may feel to be a last ditch effort to save my life and that of my family.

I have been educating my neighbor and his wife on how to survive an encounter with the police and what rights they have as citizens to live quite and peaceable lives free from interference.

KBCraig

There are two sides to every story. In this case, one side is dead.

The other side was "attempting to serve a warrant" by surreptitiously entering private land from adjoining private land, through the woods, in hopes of catching a landowner on a "few dozen feet" strip of disputed property. Meanwhile, the front door of his home was just yards from a public road (hundreds of yards from the disputed "strip"), and his law office was open for business.

The deceased could be completely wrong in every aspect of this story. But, we'll never know, because his side will never be told. He's dead.

Even those who claim the police were 100% justified in this case, surely must admit: their tactics set this whole incident into failure mode from the beginning.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
[ ... ]
Even those who claim the police were 100% justified in this case, surely must admit: their tactics set this whole incident into failure mode from the beginning.
Thanks, Mr. Craig, for weighing-in in this, my thread to ease our parochialism, provincial, political and philosophical.

Spartacus

Banned

The other side was "attempting to serve a warrant" by surreptitiously entering private land from adjoining private land, through the woods, in hopes of catching a landowner on a "few dozen feet" strip of disputed property. Meanwhile, the front door of his home was just yards from a public road (hundreds of yards from the disputed "strip"), and his law office was open for business.

The deceased could be completely wrong in every aspect of this story. But, we'll never know, because his side will never be told. He's dead.

On the other hand, the police account could be exactly accurate but as you say we will never know.

In talking the other day about the Waco raid on the Branch Davidian Complex with friends I made the comment that it was indeed a horribly conceived and executed plan and yet it has served as a lesson on how not to engage such people since we have not had another such tragic incident since.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
A couple of good books to get that were recommended to me are:

Both by Robert Davis

Cop Out
Legal Minds - Detecting Rogue Police Officers and Other Important Law Enforcement Issues

I have both of them and Legal Minds is pretty good. It isn't quite what I expected but it is informative. You can learn from a "use to be" corrupt cop how the corrupt cops violate peoples rights, frame them and put them in prison when no crime was ever committed. He said he was one of the best at doing those things. Knowledge is power! I gave my copy of Legal Minds to McX. Hope he has read it by now! :)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Educate as many as we can! Learn the Constitution!

My neighbor recently had a police raid on his home because of an anonymous report of underage drinking. The officers gained access to the house by threatening his wife with an $860 something fine for starters and then badgering her relentlessly. After telling the officers that the kids were in the basement, one of the officers headed directly upstairs and entered the bedroom where he was sleeping and shined a flashlight directly in his eyes. If that were in my home and the same situation happened I would likely be pointing a firearm directly at the officer and I don't feel I would be wrong in doing so. Even if he had identified himself as a police officer, the likelihood of me believing him without proof would be very low, and there is good chance I would be shot for taking what I may feel to be a last ditch effort to save my life and that of my family.

I have been educating my neighbor and his wife on how to survive an encounter with the police and what rights they have as citizens to live quite and peaceable lives free from interference.

Great job! I have spent countless hours/days/weeks teaching my family about the Constitution and laws and what their rights are and how to APPLY those rights. We have watched the videos on You Tube about rights and police and even the Constitution. My home is filled with books about the law, the Constitution and the founding of this country. These things are not taught in schools anymore and if they are they have been re-written to fit the leftist views.

Once again great job! Everyone should learn what their rights are and stand up for them!

protias

I have both of them and Legal Minds is pretty good. It isn't quite what I expected but it is informative. You can learn from a "use to be" corrupt cop how the corrupt cops violate peoples rights, frame them and put them in prison when no crime was ever committed. He said he was one of the best at doing those things. Knowledge is power! I gave my copy of Legal Minds to McX. Hope he has read it by now! :)
He's read it. I know because I saw it and picked it up. I told him that book was good so far (from what I was able to read when I stopped in). It really opens your eyes. :shocker: