Thread: OC

OC

I know this should get interesting responses.I have a glock 19 which im keeping. Im comfortable with 9mm i looked at the M&P 40 but also looked at the S&W M&P 9mm capacity of 17+1. Just wanted more insight on the M&P

I carry the .40, 15+1.

It's very comfortable to shoot, and is very very accurate.

Many people say the trigger is gritty and get a trigger job, but for the life of me, I don't understand why.

Mine was smooth as silk out of the box, never has had a FTE, or FTF, and I love it.

One a side note: I think that getting trigger jobs is the new EP33N when it comes to gun owners and mall ninjas. They buy a gun just to get a trigger job to brag about getting a trigger job.

If you look at the M&P, don't believe anyone who says the trigger is gritty and needs the magical APEX trigger job, its Uber at stock.

Good luck.

I have the M&P 9 and 9c. I love them and they are excellent firearms.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    I have the M&P 357 love it never a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    I carry the .40, 15+1.

It's very comfortable to shoot, and is very very accurate.

Many people say the trigger is gritty and get a trigger job, but for the life of me, I don't understand why.

Mine was smooth as silk out of the box, never has had a FTE, or FTF, and I love it.

One a side note: I think that getting trigger jobs is the new EP33N when it comes to gun owners and mall ninjas. They buy a gun just to get a trigger job to brag about getting a trigger job.

If you look at the M&P, don't believe anyone who says the trigger is gritty and needs the magical APEX trigger job, its Uber at stock.

Good luck.
    I own an M&P 40 and agree the stock trigger is a great trigger. However there was some grit felt to it. I had the sear replaced and a few other adjustments and polishing. I did this to improve the feel to me when I shoot it. It is now smoother, lighter pull, and quicker reset. To me that was the benefit. Each person needs to decide what works for them and their gun.

S&W used outside contractors for most of the parts and there were some really crappy triggers in a production run. From what I am told they have been working on getting that problem fixed. Now here is a trigger job PDF

http://www.burwellguns.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    I know this should get interesting responses.I have a glock 19 which im keeping. Im comfortable with 9mm i looked at the M&P 40 but also looked at the S&W M&P 9mm capacity of 17+1. Just wanted more insight on the M&P
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 10-13-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Well I have the following, 9c, 9, 9L, 40c. I have a trigger that was good out of the box, an ok out of the box, an unknown out of the box (9L for competition had the trigger job done before I picked it up) and a gritty one that had the trigger job done after about 2k rounds of smoothing it out. Overall they are great guns. I love every one of them that I have and I am thinking about getting a full size 40 just so I have compatable mags between full size and compact like I do in 9mm. When I am carrying the 9c I keep an extra 9c mag on me and a few full size mags in the car for backup. I'll end up doing the same with the 40 if I get a full size. I am also looking at the FNX-40 seeing as I like my FNP45 so much also.

Radioman

M&P 40 here and will never part with it

I have a M&P 9c....Love it! I would only replace it with the full size one if I had to replace it at all.

Banned
    I've shot one, and loved it. I'd buy it in a second if I could, no doubt. Its a pretty gun, it grips well, good grip angle, good capacity, reliable reputation, and decently priced. As guns go, they are all about 300 bucks more than they ought to be.

well i didn't want to copy anyones whopper, so i got myself a walther P99AS, its one of the smoothest double action pulls i have felt, and it single action pull is on par with a well done 1911 trrigger.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    well i didn't want to copy anyones whopper, so i got myself a walther P99AS, its one of the smoothest double action pulls i have felt, and it single action pull is on par with a well done 1911 trrigger.
    speaking of 1911 what kind do you have shaun? i know its a nighthawk, just dont remember which model...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiVJ View Post
    speaking of 1911 what kind do you have shaun? i know its a nighthawk, just dont remember which model...
    I think he sold it RabbiVJ, ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I think he sold it RabbiVJ, ;(
    BOO! im actually getting a springer 1911 myself on fri...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

my screen name is the make model caliber, and manufacturer of said 1911
    manufacturer NightHawk Custom (NHC)
    make Global Response Pistol Recon model had a light rail (GRPR)
    caliber .45ACP (45)

hence NHCGRPR45. i had no choice but to sell it for almost half of what i paid. i needed the cash fast and it went to a good man, who wants to defend his family. really can't ask for more than that.

that being said i really like my walther! its a sweet shooter!

Banned
    soooo, should we now call you walther?

OC

What does any one know about the smith and wesson sd9 or sd40

OC

I ve deceided to go with the smith and wesson m&P 40 with crimson trace laser for about $675

Banned
    Excellent choice! If you wanted to get a great gun and make us jealous, you have succeeded.

Banned
    Ben come see me at work sometime ill fill ya in on my M&P experience

to beerme

will do i stop in now your off from vacation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    will do i stop in now your off from vacation

yeah im back bud, got back last week