• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC

army74

I know this should get interesting responses.I have a glock 19 which im keeping. Im comfortable with 9mm i looked at the M&P 40 but also looked at the S&W M&P 9mm capacity of 17+1. Just wanted more insight on the M&P

Slave

I carry the .40, 15+1.

It's very comfortable to shoot, and is very very accurate.

Many people say the trigger is gritty and get a trigger job, but for the life of me, I don't understand why.

Mine was smooth as silk out of the box, never has had a FTE, or FTF, and I love it.

One a side note: I think that getting trigger jobs is the new EP33N when it comes to gun owners and mall ninjas. They buy a gun just to get a trigger job to brag about getting a trigger job.

If you look at the M&P, don't believe anyone who says the trigger is gritty and needs the magical APEX trigger job, its Uber at stock.

Good luck.

sprinklerguy28

I carry the .40, 15+1.

It's very comfortable to shoot, and is very very accurate.

Many people say the trigger is gritty and get a trigger job, but for the life of me, I don't understand why.

Mine was smooth as silk out of the box, never has had a FTE, or FTF, and I love it.

One a side note: I think that getting trigger jobs is the new EP33N when it comes to gun owners and mall ninjas. They buy a gun just to get a trigger job to brag about getting a trigger job.

If you look at the M&P, don't believe anyone who says the trigger is gritty and needs the magical APEX trigger job, its Uber at stock.

Good luck.

I own an M&P 40 and agree the stock trigger is a great trigger. However there was some grit felt to it. I had the sear replaced and a few other adjustments and polishing. I did this to improve the feel to me when I shoot it. It is now smoother, lighter pull, and quicker reset. To me that was the benefit. Each person needs to decide what works for them and their gun.

Bailenforcer

S&W used outside contractors for most of the parts and there were some really crappy triggers in a production run. From what I am told they have been working on getting that problem fixed. Now here is a trigger job PDF

http://www.burwellguns.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

I know this should get interesting responses.I have a glock 19 which im keeping. Im comfortable with 9mm i looked at the M&P 40 but also looked at the S&W M&P 9mm capacity of 17+1. Just wanted more insight on the M&P

Last edited:

Radioman

Well I have the following, 9c, 9, 9L, 40c. I have a trigger that was good out of the box, an ok out of the box, an unknown out of the box (9L for competition had the trigger job done before I picked it up) and a gritty one that had the trigger job done after about 2k rounds of smoothing it out. Overall they are great guns. I love every one of them that I have and I am thinking about getting a full size 40 just so I have compatable mags between full size and compact like I do in 9mm. When I am carrying the 9c I keep an extra 9c mag on me and a few full size mags in the car for backup. I'll end up doing the same with the 40 if I get a full size. I am also looking at the FNX-40 seeing as I like my FNP45 so much also.

Radioman

stainless1911

Banned
I've shot one, and loved it. I'd buy it in a second if I could, no doubt. Its a pretty gun, it grips well, good grip angle, good capacity, reliable reputation, and decently priced. As guns go, they are all about 300 bucks more than they ought to be.

NHCGRPR45

well i didn't want to copy anyones whopper, so i got myself a walther P99AS, its one of the smoothest double action pulls i have felt, and it single action pull is on par with a well done 1911 trrigger.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
well i didn't want to copy anyones whopper, so i got myself a walther P99AS, its one of the smoothest double action pulls i have felt, and it single action pull is on par with a well done 1911 trrigger.

speaking of 1911 what kind do you have shaun? i know its a nighthawk, just dont remember which model...

NHCGRPR45

my screen name is the make model caliber, and manufacturer of said 1911:cry:
manufacturer NightHawk Custom (NHC)
make Global Response Pistol Recon model had a light rail (GRPR)
caliber .45ACP (45)

hence NHCGRPR45.:cry: i had no choice but to sell it for almost half of what i paid. i needed the cash fast and it went to a good man, who wants to defend his family. really can't ask for more than that.

that being said i really like my walther! its a sweet shooter!