Thread: Knob Creek machine gun shoot 2010

Knob Creek machine gun shoot 2010

Myself and a couple friends recently got back from another fun filled trip to the Knob Creek gun range in West Point, Kentucky. My roommate, Sewey and I both improved from our previous times competing in the practical pistol match. We both moved up about 10 positions within the group from this past spring. By next spring, I'll have some contacts or glasses, so I'll actually be able to see downrange and I hopefully won't make any of the simple mistakes that costed me so many time penalties. My course time was 86.44 sec, 30-seconds of which was time penalties. That's the most penalties I've ever had in a match. Without those, I would have finished with the pros at 8th place. No excuses though. I was still happy with how we shot as amatures, and it was definitely fun as hell. Looking forward to going again next spring.

(Sewey in black, and I'm the guy with the red hat)

We left a day earlier this year to make it down there a day sooner to catch the sub-gun match on Friday morning. None of us have ever been up there on Friday morning, so we've never had a chance to see it before. It's basically very similar to the pistol match, but it's a more difficult and longer course, and they shoot full automatic sub-machine guns. It was awesome to watch.

Random sub-gun pics and competitors:

Most of my night shoot pics didn't turn out the greatest. But here's a few.

Crazy muzzle flash:

This stream of red light is actually from a mini gun shooting tracer rounds at approximately 67-100 rounds/sec:

This is a car exploding downrange:

Video of the shooting line during the day:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUtmtReDUA

Video of the night shoot downrange:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdnfn8SyIf8

VERY cool pics.

Except for that last one in the first set, which is OBVIOUSLY faked. Everyone knows there are no such thing as "black helicopters", especially the ones that dont fly over gun ranges or shooting competitions.

But other than that, it looked like a GREAT day at the range...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964