• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knob Creek machine gun shoot 2010

Paul Volk

Myself and a couple friends recently got back from another fun filled trip to the Knob Creek gun range in West Point, Kentucky. My roommate, Sewey and I both improved from our previous times competing in the practical pistol match. We both moved up about 10 positions within the group from this past spring. By next spring, I'll have some contacts or glasses, so I'll actually be able to see downrange and I hopefully won't make any of the simple mistakes that costed me so many time penalties. My course time was 86.44 sec, 30-seconds of which was time penalties. That's the most penalties I've ever had in a match. Without those, I would have finished with the pros at 8th place. No excuses though. I was still happy with how we shot as amatures, and it was definitely fun as hell. Looking forward to going again next spring. :)

(Sewey in black, and I'm the guy with the red hat)

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Paul Volk

We left a day earlier this year to make it down there a day sooner to catch the sub-gun match on Friday morning. None of us have ever been up there on Friday morning, so we've never had a chance to see it before. It's basically very similar to the pistol match, but it's a more difficult and longer course, and they shoot full automatic sub-machine guns. It was awesome to watch.

Random sub-gun pics and competitors:

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

Paul Volk

Dreamer

VERY cool pics.

Except for that last one in the first set, which is OBVIOUSLY faked. Everyone knows there are no such thing as "black helicopters", especially the ones that dont fly over gun ranges or shooting competitions. :uhoh:

But other than that, it looked like a GREAT day at the range...