Thread: So it happens again

So it happens again

Another thread gets axed.

Yes, and while I was in it.

This is the second thread that has been deleted completely while I was actually reading through it. All for the same reasons.
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 10-13-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Grammar

McX
    all i can say to my assembled brothers is: Ya mo be there.

maybe if we all took this stance, there would be less fighting, and more mutual support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HbbM-FG8lQ

I for one am tired of putting my time in to participate in conversations only to see them derailed completely by one person.

Is it not time to do something about this problem ?
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    all i can say to my assembled brothers is: Ya mo be there.

maybe if we all took this stance, there would be less fighting, and more mutual support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HbbM-FG8lQ
    I like it! Just watched the whole thing. Nice!

McX
    that song should be 'our song' for all the carriers, for the forum, for Wisconsin Carry.

Question What Do We Do?

Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post
    I for one am tired of putting my time in to participate in conversations only to see them derailed completely by one person.

Is it not time to do something about this problem ?
    It is but what? I usually just ignore those that do these things and when we do they can't post anything back. If we don't acknowledge them then they post to no one.

Strange thing is I have met a lot of the guys and gals that post here and even the ones that post aggressively are great in person.

there is an ignore button

I have used it but then someone copies and pastes his drivel. It isnt hard to see when he wants a post gone.

McX
    two of the wisest men i've ever known, Doug and Hubert, drilled this into me early on, and I live it:

Be Innocent of Instigation

Retreat, retreat, retreat.

If we can't demonstrate this behavior here, how can we be assumed to demonstrate it in a real dispute or threat.

I Don't Use The Ignore Feature

I know it is there but when it is used bits and pieces of the thread are lost. So I just read through them all and don't respond to anyone who attacks others.

Banned
    Dumb threads should be axed...

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up Try it, you'll like it!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I know it is there but when it is used bits and pieces of the thread are lost. So I just read through them all and don't respond to anyone who attacks others.
    The only bits and pieces that are lost are the ones where the troll tries to suck you into its game. Perhaps the mods can turn on a feature that even eliminates ignored quotes! In any case I just don't look at 'em. Makes for a very peaceful forum experience.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

McX
    hey sparticus. i saw that dodge is putting out a 900 hp engine called the sparticus.

anyway, since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    The only bits and pieces that are lost are the ones where the troll tries to suck you into its game. Perhaps the mods can turn on a feature that even eliminates ignored quotes! In any case I just don't look at 'em. Makes for a very peaceful forum experience.

I may try it after all! Thanks Dave!

Red face Now you have me laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    hey sparticus. i saw that dodge is putting out a 900 hp engine called the sparticus.

anyway, since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?
    "Since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?"

What are you inferring here McX?

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    "Since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?"

What are you inferring here McX?
    I'm cheap, and need a hair cut......all 6 of them.