• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So it happens again

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Yes, and while I was in it.

This is the second thread that has been deleted completely while I was actually reading through it. All for the same reasons.

Last edited:

rotty

I for one am tired of putting my time in to participate in conversations only to see them derailed completely by one person.

Is it not time to do something about this problem ?

M

McX

that song should be 'our song' for all the carriers, for the forum, for Wisconsin Carry.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
What Do We Do?

I for one am tired of putting my time in to participate in conversations only to see them derailed completely by one person.

Is it not time to do something about this problem ?

It is but what? I usually just ignore those that do these things and when we do they can't post anything back. If we don't acknowledge them then they post to no one.

Strange thing is I have met a lot of the guys and gals that post here and even the ones that post aggressively are great in person.

JerryD

there is an ignore button

I have used it but then someone copies and pastes his drivel. It isnt hard to see when he wants a post gone.

M

McX

two of the wisest men i've ever known, Doug and Hubert, drilled this into me early on, and I live it:

Be Innocent of Instigation

Retreat, retreat, retreat.

If we can't demonstrate this behavior here, how can we be assumed to demonstrate it in a real dispute or threat.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Don't Use The Ignore Feature

I know it is there but when it is used bits and pieces of the thread are lost. So I just read through them all and don't respond to anyone who attacks others.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Try it, you'll like it!

I know it is there but when it is used bits and pieces of the thread are lost. So I just read through them all and don't respond to anyone who attacks others.

The only bits and pieces that are lost are the ones where the troll tries to suck you into its game. Perhaps the mods can turn on a feature that even eliminates ignored quotes! In any case I just don't look at 'em. Makes for a very peaceful forum experience.

M

McX

hey sparticus. i saw that dodge is putting out a 900 hp engine called the sparticus.

anyway, since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The only bits and pieces that are lost are the ones where the troll tries to suck you into its game. Perhaps the mods can turn on a feature that even eliminates ignored quotes! In any case I just don't look at 'em. Makes for a very peaceful forum experience.

I may try it after all! Thanks Dave!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Now you have me laughing!

hey sparticus. i saw that dodge is putting out a 900 hp engine called the sparticus.

anyway, since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?

"Since your swinging your sword around, take a little off the sides for me buddy?"

What are you inferring here McX?